Selden patent tag

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Selden patent tag
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Lloyd on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 08:37 pm:

The selden patent plate I have I have not seen in may years of storage.Now I have it in my hands I see it was mounted at one time as there are faint rings around around the mounting holes in each corner.showing me it had been mounted at one time.It is in otherwise nice shape.It is straight with some little nicks around the edges.It has the patent#549,160 It has november,5,1895.In the lower left hand corner it also has stamped #91843.I am not sure what to ask for it if I do deceide to sell it.It was bought in my home town of clarkson N.Y. near the home of George selden I also took pictures of the state historical placque telling of is home on ridge road.I also have a small saucer made in japan with a pic of the selden auto on it.Hmm,have to check with someone to see what value these items may carry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 09:03 pm:

Robert: Try this site for answering your patent plate questions. http://www.hcca.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 09:55 pm:

Tom Reese who authored regular columns in the AACA magazine wrote some articles in the 1990s on the Selden plates including a breakdown of the approximate range of serial numbers for each year they were issued (1903 - 1911) based on original plates that were still affixed to surviving automobiles. Those articles could tell you approx. what year tag #91843 was issued.

Regarding the small saucer is a garage sale knick- knack and would only be worth a few dollars to someone that is truly interested in it.

Erik Johnson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 10:34 pm:

Hi Robert- I sent you a private message thanks David

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration