Lower Steering Bracket – what does it fit? T933 Maybe 1926-1927 Fordor?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Lower Steering Bracket – what does it fit? T933 Maybe 1926-1927 Fordor?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 05:01 am:

Dennis e-mailed me some questions about the steering column in his 1926 Coupe. I was able to confirm for him that he wanted the lower steering bracket with the cast in T932C for the 1926-1927 Coupe, Tudor, Touring & Roadster. Also that the T932C is the Factory Number for the casting without any bushings and the Factory Number T996B was for the same casting but with the bushings fitted. But I couldn’t answer his question about the bracket shown in the picture below:

T933

He mentioned that the owner said it had T933 cast into the bracket and that it fit a 1926-1927 Model T Ford. Does anyone recognize this bracket? Is it possibly for the 1926-1927 Fordor sedans that took a different lower steering bracket from all the other Model Ts?

If no one jumps in there and tells us what it is, my second request would be would someone with a 1926-1927 Fordor please take a look and see what the lower steering bracket on your car looks like and if it has a casting number on it, what number it has?

Respectfully requested,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 08:26 am:

Hap

The Fordor needs the correct bracket, the Parts book number of that bracket is #3539-E, the factory #977...don't have one to note the casting number.

Here is the Parts book pictures of 3 of the 4 different steering brackets used on the T and TT. The Fordor bracket is not pictured.
pic here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 10:31 am:

Dan,

Thank you so much for putting some brain bytes into this one. And also for posting the pictures I used in the other thread. I apologize, it was a little early/late when I posted and I forgot to say that I have not been able to find a photo of the 1926-1927 Fordor bracket, but that we have pictures and illustrations of the other brackets. Gail Rodda's excellent pamphlet/book "Model T Ford Parts Identification Guide-Vol 1" has a picture of the different styles on pages 29-30. But he did not have a picture of the 1926-1927 Fordor bracket.

On page 31 he has the Right Hand Drive styles (thank you Peter Kable for sharing those pictures) but did not have a picture of the one for the 1926-1927 Fordor. From memory (there is less and less of that it seems) I do not know if Ford Canada produced a Fordor and if it did, if it used the same bracket the other 1926-1927 cars used or if it had a different bracket.

None of the ones I have seen had those curved reinforcement looking ridges or whatever they are called. Of course I primarily look at the 1918 and early items so I really need help when I get off into the "Improved Fords."
Looking at the bracket in the picture above -- I believe it is a LHD bracket.

If someone with a 1926-1927 Fordor could take a peak at their steering bracket it might solve the mystery or make it even more complex -- depending on what they see.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration