ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/05/09 HUDCO PEDAL SLIP-OUT TRANSMISSION COVER

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/05/09 HUDCO PEDAL SLIP-OUT TRANSMISSION COVER
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 11:31 am:

Heres a slick accessory that makes changing fixed ear bands a snap. The pedal cluster unbolts to allow changing the bands without removing the entire cover. Also the unit has a removable pipe plug fitting over the inturnal oil funnel that allows you to clean out the oil line without having to remove the hogs head. I have only seen three of these units and two of them are on a shelf in my garage.
hudco hudco1
hudco2 hudco3
hudco4 hudco5
hudcoad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 11:37 am:

Way Cool!!!!!
Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 02:01 pm:

Is anyone using one of these and, if so, does it leak around the removable section? Just wondering...

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 02:10 pm:

The leak was aparently a common complaint, but with the new sealants, it should not be a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 04:49 pm:

I had one at one time and they are one heavy piece of iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 06:32 pm:

I have one on mhy TT C cab. No it does not leak--now. Felt transmission cover seal and slicone solved the problem. It is a problem otherwise. Difficult to get a normal gasket in to all of the "corners" of the removable section.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By peter kable on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 09:08 pm:

I saw one of these several years ago and thought it such a good idea I made a RHD version.

Its on my Kamper, its the best thing I ever did. it makes changing the bands a snack especially if you have a T that is hard to get to the transmission such as a sedan.

I just put a bead of silicon around the join never leaks.

Although I have never had to, it would be a 1/2 hour job or less on the side of the road to change a band.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 10:38 pm:

Looks like a good idea and a keeper.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 11:22 pm:

I have one of these on my 25 Coupe. Using felt and silicone keeps it from leaking. It does make changing bands easy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration