High gear problem

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: High gear problem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Boothroyd on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 03:48 pm:

I have been driving the T around quiet streets to get used to the experience before I go farther afield.
I have noticed that often when I release the clutch from low, through neutral into high, that it seems to stick in low.
I then have to push the brake lever a little more forward, then she goes into high.
I am making sure that I have the lever as far forward as I can, but this still happens at times.
Any ideas what may be the issue?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

Steve Boothroyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kent Greenhalgh on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 05:39 pm:

I had the same problem.I think your connecting link is too long. It needs to be adjusted shorter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David J. Holland on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 06:02 pm:

Do a keyword search on this page- >Clutch linkage<
Good advice and a diagram of the linkage adjustment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 10:59 pm:

Do you have Rocky Mountain brakes? The equalizer for the Rocky brakes mounts to the parking brake cross shaft. Sometimes when you remove your foot from the foot brake, it causes the parking brake lever to move back just a little, just enough to interfere with the neutral position. Be sure all the parts are moving freely.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Boothroyd on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 11:44 pm:

What a great forum!
I found the soloution to my high gear problem;
The brake rods were set slightly too long,not allowing the brake lever to go all the way forward.
Now she shifts smooth from low to high and has lots more pick up.
I'm learning something new every day.
Thanks again.

Regards,

Steve boothroyd

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration