Installing the engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Installing the engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Mills on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 10:00 am:

When I pulled the motor from my 27 roadster the hogs head was off and it seemed a little tricky for one man to twist and turn it out. Now that I am almost ready to put it back in I need to ask the question will it go in with the hogs head installed or will I run into trouble with the pedals getting hung up on everything?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 10:07 am:

One thread ought to get it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G Goelz on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 10:36 am:

Rob, you can loosen the bands and let the pedals move ,but you will need to almost stand the engine up and slide it in, be sure the fourth main (ball cap) has at least two bolts or it will fall out and oil will go everywhere. two people can do it very easily.
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 10:58 am:

Wrap the pedals with rags or socks and duct tape.Wrap the pan ears if you don't want to scrach the frame pant.Use # 2 plug hole, it will tilt the crank way up, and they should slide under the fire wall. Once you get the pedals behind the fire wall let the engine down and move to #3 plug hole to set it in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 12:55 pm:

You can also remove the body bolts and tilt the body up on the frame and block it up to hold it there. That will allow you a little more room for installing the engine. Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration