Seeking a 1912 Engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Seeking a 1912 Engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 01:08 pm:

Anyone know of a 1912 engine for sale that is rebuildable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 01:46 pm:

I have a 13 cast block that is stamped with a 12 serial number,but it has a hole that needs fixed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 03:15 pm:

Seems to be a run on 11/12 blocks this week. I got two calls this week with the same question. I managed to find two engines to satisfy both gentlemen, one 11 and one 12. Finding a third might be a little harder. I do have a complete 'running when removed' 13 engine here if anyone wants it. Not cheap and having us rebuild it will be a condition of sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 07:44 pm:

Would you believe we were asked again tonight if we had a 11/12 engine? I wish I had a truckload of them, I could have sold them all this week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George King III on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:11 pm:

I have an April or May 1912 engine that is available. It will need sleeves in all four cylinders.

I have magnafluxed the block and found two cracks between the a head bolt hole and cylinders 1 and 4. The block is bored .060 over has light pitting in the cylinders. I found no additional cracks.

The three freeze plug will need to be replaced and thread inserts will be needed on some of the head bolt holes.

The condition of the block is exceptional with no external pitting. The number is located on the side of the water inlet and is number 112,947.

This engine is owned by Connecticut Antique Engine Restoration. We can completely restore this engine for you or just sell you the block. Please contact me at <george@engineresoration.com> for photos and details.

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 02:08 pm:

George,

Your email kicked back, can you send me an email and I will reply...

Email: anjenbroadband@hotmail.com

Thanks... Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry W. Fowler on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 08:05 pm:

Hello George King III. Your block is close in number to mine which is in my 1912 Roadster. The engine number is 1119xx, but this is on the passenger side of the engine near the oil filler. I have read that the transition from the passenger side to the driver side was 'around 100,000'. It appears that it was happening when our engines were made.

Barry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 11:45 am:

Jack and George, would you both email me... please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 11:54 am:

I have a '13 block I would part with that is real rusty and has about 8" of typical freeze cracks (repairable)...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 11:57 am:

Adam what is the SN? I need a '12 production SN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Burch on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:11 pm:

I have acquired an engine with a recent car purchase that may be useless or of value, I don't know. Supposedly it was removed because of water in the oil but no one knows if it can be repaired. Any thoughts about it's value? If any? It is serial number 302163 and is located 35 miles north of Chicago. Here is a picture a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Burch on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:14 pm:

Here are a few more pictures. b c d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 01:10 pm:

George, Jack and Adam?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George King III on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 10:00 pm:

I still have that 1912 block I responded about.

Let me see if I can write my email address correctly this time:

george@enginerestoration.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 11:17 am:

Chris, I haven't looked at that block for quite a while... Turns out it is a '14. It has a Sept 29 1914 casting date and came off the line 6 days later (Sept 29 1914)... Interestingly enough, it was the third engine off the line that morning according to the numbers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 11:55 am:

Adam, thanks for checking...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration