Fuel tank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Fuel tank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Kociemba on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 02:24 pm:

When installing my fuel tank in my 24,should I put a rubber pad between the tank and the tank straps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Royster on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 08:25 pm:

I did not and have had no trouble.

Mike R.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 11:11 pm:

I don't think they had them originally. I didn't use any on mine either. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timmy Pittman on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 11:26 pm:

I put rosin or construction paper between mine. I was perplexed with the same thought with my 1918. It looks like gasket material but I trimmed flush with the strap. Timmy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Kociemba on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:07 pm:

Thanks for the input.Happy Holidays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 03:05 pm:

I would be concerned that putting any kind of paper in there could hold moisture and eventually cause problems. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 03:29 pm:

Many modern cars use what looks like tar paper, like goes underneath a composition roof.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 10:57 am:

Or modified bitumen roofing tar? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 11:15 am:

Yes, that should work! Works for many things so why not this? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 12:23 am:

You know I finally took a minute to google modified bitumen roofing tar and our thread "modified bitumen roofing tar and Hugh ---"was the 4th result on the first page???
WOW.Makes me wonder what happened to ole Hugh.Maby he got lipo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 06:59 am:

His id would get found out in the new anti-spam scheme. I have a real good guess who he is. Oh, also he's been on a diet, so the handle doesn't fit so well.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 07:40 am:

If Timmy is talking about the construction grade of rosin paper it is moisture resistant and is used between the sub-floor and floor boards to reduce squeaks and moisture penetration as well as other interior areas. The coating on this paper should not hold moisture therefore not causing a problem. While dismantling my '22 Coupe I found many areas where there were very thin strips of a fiber type paper ranging from a single sheet thickness to as thick as cardboard. Some placed between straps and some between wood frame areas where the sheet metal rests on it. I am assuming to reduce vibration noise.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration