How do I post images in this Forum?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: How do I post images in this Forum?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McEntee on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 12:37 am:

How do I post images in this forum so people can see what I'm building and what I need to complete?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:35 am:

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum.
Posting photos has been a hot topic recently, as the process changed and has taken a bit of getting used to.
First, as a registered member the pictures can be no more than 200kb each. You can post as many as you want.

See recent posts on 'resizing' pictures. Microsoft has a snazzy add on that is quick and easy to use.

To post simply type: \ image{name}

(BUT take the "space" out from between the "\" and "image". I have to type in a space or it will try and post a picture when I don't want).

"name" can be anything you want, just as long as it is different for each picture. I usually just go "image{a}", "image{b}" etc.

After typing your "image", press "Preview/Post Message"

Then select "post"

You will be prompted for each picture you want to add.

Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:36 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi?pg=formatting#images

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:39 am:

Meant to say, type all your "image"s on a seperate line, usually with a blank line between, then click "Preview/Post" when you have typed in an "image" name for them all so all pictures go on one post.

You will soon get used to it

Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McEntee on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:46 am:

Many thanks for your help !!

a

b

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 03:44 am:

\imagea

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 03:45 am:

\image a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 03:47 am:

That worked well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 03:55 am:

Dennis, add open curly bracket "{"after "image", then name then closed curly bracket "}" to end
Cheers
\ image{name}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 10:22 am:

Only without any spaces.

\image{name}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 10:45 pm:

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 10:48 pm:

Adrian, Thanks a million for the assist,I guess you really can teach an old dog new tricks!!

Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 11:09 pm:

Dick, how did you post the text without a space? Every time I try it gives me a picture :-)
Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 10:42 am:

Adrian, just double the backslash when you write the message. The first one doesn't show up in the preview or posted message, but the second one shows up by itself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Mullin on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 09:08 pm:

Adrian,

What Dick did is called an "escape" character. If you double it, you get one in the text and it doesn't cause a routine to execute.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 10:45 pm:

Ahh, you got me now, I have enough trouble escaping from the washing up :-)

Does this mean typing "\" twice? - YES it does!!

\image{name}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 10:52 pm:

"By george, he's got it. I think he's got it!" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 11:28 pm:

Ya, he's got it.
I was there when that picture was taken several years ago. About 7 years ago.
It was at Foothill College just north of San Jose.
The closest speedster belongs to Ray and Linda Fontain. They had just got it.
The others in the picture are very nice speedsters also and have a lot of special speedster stuff on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 03:41 am:

Hey Stan Howe, are you back home from your trip to the sunny southwest?

The old photograph that Adrian Whiteman posted early in this thread sort of "rang a bell" with me. The old brick building that says "Fergus County Creamery" on the front, and "Judith Gold Butter" on the side looks to me like an old Montana photo as I'm pretty sure that Judith Gap is in Fergus County, MT.

And, the bottom photo looks like a typical Montana winter scene too (or Siberia) by the way the people are dressed and the "facemask" on the Model T!

Some neat old T's and TT's at any rate,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 03:49 am:

Actually, the more I look at the bottom photo that Adrian posted, the more I think that maybe the photo was taken in Alaska, maybe in the area of Sitka where there is Russian influence, because the Model T is right-hand-drive and thus is probably a Canadian Model T Ford.

Anyway, both are interesting photos; keep 'em coming Adrian! You sure find some neat old photos!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 05:34 am:

The bottom is actually from Russia - Siberia in fact:

a

Here is one a little closer to the US:

b

Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 10:23 am:

I'm going to give the double bask slash thing a try?

\image{test}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 10:24 am:

Crap!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 10:31 am:

OK, back to square one:

test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 10:35 am:

Question:

To post two or more pictures do I just repeat the same process as above, but twice ???

Harvey ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 11:14 am:

TEST

C:\greg\PHOTOS\1921t\1921t.003resized.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 11:17 am:

test again
C:\greg\PHOTOS\1921t\1921T 003resized.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 11:22 am:

I give up, I guess my browser does not support this type of file attachment. Cant change my browser because of my work.

greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 11:33 am:

Harvey, Yes either one after the other for side by side pics or one under the other for one on top of the other

Greg, don't start typing the image file on the beginning margin give it a space first. Make sure your file is 199kb or less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 11:35 am:

For what ever it is worth I learned long ago that if you start the required sequence to post a photo i.e. \image etc. at the beginning of a new line of text just after the previous carriage return character it will not work. I found you need to have at least one or two space characters before staring the sequence.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 11:36 am:

Well it used to be that way??
Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:25 pm:

OK I'll try again
\ image{1921T 003resized.jpg}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:26 pm:

OK try again

\ image{C:\greg\PHOTOS\1921t\1921T 003resized.jpg}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:32 pm:

One more time

\ image{c:\greg\photos\1921t\1921T 003resize1.jpg}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:35 pm:

one more
\ image{1921t 003resize1.jpg}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:39 pm:

I'm done.

Why does this have to be so difficult. I belong to dozen of other forums, dont have any trouble posting photos any place else. I believe there are others that are having troubles like I am and have given up trying to post.

Thanks everyone for the help. Earier I posted a photo when this all changed a month or so ago and never had trouble, dont understand why now.

greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:43 pm:

Greg, it looks like you have a space between the backslash and the curly bracket. Also, there's no need to put the entire path to the picture, since you will be prompted for it anyway. I generally do something like

\image{pic}

or, if there's more than one

\image{pic1}

\image{pic2}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:44 pm:

Greg, it appears to me that you put a space between the \ and the word image. If you eliminate that space I believe it will work for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:45 pm:

Since St. Louis and Troy, Mo aren't very far apart, it appears that Dick and I both replied at the same time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:59 pm:

OK, again

1921t 003resize1.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 02:01 pm:

EGAD!!

The space, I thought above it said to add a space. So sorry, but thanks everyone.

Whew!

greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 03:07 pm:

Just curious to know why the picture posting process was changed ? I'd like to post some pix of my '25 roadster pu but am boggled by the process as it seems so many people are having so much trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 03:15 pm:

Bill, the picture posting change was collateral damage... :-)

The significant change was requiring registration to post messages. Although I was against that for a long time, the growing amount of spam that was completely cluttering up the forum made me change my mind. It's been a pleasure to read the forum since it changed. When I now see that a thread from months ago has again floated to the top, I know that it's because someone has added an on-topic remark, not because a robo-spammer has hit it. For some reason, the software as now configured doesn't include the easy-click picture-posting method. This new way is not too bad once you get used to it, although I must still say that I miss being able to preview a message with the pictures before posting it. That's no longer possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 03:16 pm:

Bill, the forum was beening severely spammed. Threads were being spammed with nearly every ED medicine site that was available plus other spam. It was becoming a full time job of one of our fine club personnel to keep cleaning up the posts. The new proceedure has solved the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 03:33 pm:

Harry, people are going to start thinking that we coordinate our posts.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 03:39 pm:

On both posts Dick, you got me by one minute. Maybe your internet connection is better or it just takes that extra minute to get from Troy to St. Louis!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 08:24 pm:

I kinda figured it was the move to put the lid on the spam issue. Too bad. Another casualty caused by people who don't have all their oars in the water. Maybe some day I'll understand the picture process.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Ray Harper on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 08:42 am:

my pictures
Test

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration