Body work seminar ? ....Brent - In - 10 - UH - C

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Body work seminar ? ....Brent - In - 10 - UH - C
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 07:36 am:

Brent,
In an earlier post about "Best type of body fillers" you mentioned the possibility of holding a body shop seminar for Model T guys. Is there any plans in the works?
I would like to learn more about body repairs and would be willing to help organize it if there is enough interest.

Denny

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 08:39 am:

It would be good to learn some stuff i dont know.When you all talk about "slapping" metal,I aint got a clue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 09:12 am:

If you do hold a seminar, I hope you will hire a videographer to record it on disc for those of us too far away or too busy with job and familial responsibilities to attend. I would surely buy one. Thank you. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 11:54 am:

Brent
I would certainly be interested in coming. Especially if it could be fit to one end of Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 12:03 pm:

Slapping metal was for taking out dents from what heard and could be also for applying lead as a body filler. But I really think the body metal was the correct term for slapping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe stearns on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 05:47 pm:

There is a very good book on this subject "The Key to Metal Bumping by Frank T. Sargent" It was published in 1939 and I understand that is still used today as a text book in Auto Body studies. It can be purchased on Amizon.Com and there is also one on e-bay. The price has gone up since I bought mine. The thing I like about the book is that it not only tell you how to remove a dent or shrink metal but also why. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Keefer on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 02:57 am:

I'd like to go to the seminar.

Noel in OKC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joncrane on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 06:58 am:

Joe
I met Mr. Sargent years ago. He ran a seminar for the General Motors Institute students. A real nice guy and absolutely the best metal worker I have ever seen. He could think about what he wanted the metal to look like, and it would shape itself. At least it seemed like that. I still have his book.

He told us, " Metal working, anybody can do it and I can teach anyone how, but I guarantee that by the time you learn it, You won't enjoy doing it as a hobby."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 01:19 pm:

I have received several inquiries off-line so I guess we need to set a date.

Les, the only thing that rattles me about the week after Chickasha is I'm not sure I would be in any condition the week after Chickasha. We'll see what we can do though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 01:49 pm:

Brent
I can understand that. No problem.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration