So just what would people be willing to pay for a new 11-12 block

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: So just what would people be willing to pay for a new 11-12 block
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 04:42 pm:

I have the patterns to make T blocks left over from my 5 main project and have the CNC programming to machine them. Right now it makes a 26-7 block but it wouldn't be too difficult to make it into a early block. I wonder how motivated people would be to have a new block with no corrosion, no cracks, standard cylinders, guides and valve seats.
Ok I will give a hint $4,000-5,000 ???? ALL MACHINED

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 08:13 pm:

I have seen recently some complete early pre- 16 engines go for around $1500 that needed complete rebuilding but not 11 12's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 08:26 pm:

You should expect to pay @$4000 for a bare 11 block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 08:34 pm:

Well, a new engine block cost less than 3% of a car back then. So if the car it's going in is worth around $135,000 then $4000 would be in line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 08:41 pm:

We can't repop them nearly as cheap now. A 1911 enclosed valve engine is very difficult to find.(unless it is already in someone else's car.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 09:04 pm:

To do it I would need orders for 10 blocks. I guess we will see if the interest is there. No these would not be 5 main blocks. Externally they would be as close as I could make then. Internally they might have some small variations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 01:13 am:

You might find a market for 5 main blocks with a matching crankshaft at $10,000.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 09:31 am:

To carry this one more step. It's not too difficult to make 11/12 block look like an open valve block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 09:50 am:

There were some open valve bloks made a few years ago. Does anyone know about them? I remember them beimg advertized for around 1,500.00 dollars, unmachined. I would think the patterns are still somewhere.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 10:11 am:

herb,

were those the mactavish blocks? i remember a few years back a judge in kentucky had several for sale with some other early parts. they were water pump type blocks with some unmachined water pumps. i don't know what happened to these parts.

bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:23 pm:

Ted
5 main blocks; The last 3 are being cast now. These have been modified to accept roller lifters (larger lifter bosses). One is unspoken for. It will come machined with crank and connecting rods. You can be a owner.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration