T Bay strikes again, how many non-1912 parts do you find ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: T Bay strikes again, how many non-1912 parts do you find ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 08:09 pm:

cut and paste the following >>>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150395101214&categ ory=6235&_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%26ot n%3D10%26ps%3D63

Into your browser and take a look at a 1912 Speedster made up out of a catalog with a 26 engine and late undercarriage along with late suspension and a nice yellow paint job but advertised as a 1912 because of the reproduction lamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 08:39 pm:

If the headlight forks are not repro then that would be the only possibility of there being an actual 1912 part on this bomb from what I saw. The yellow might be nice and smooth - can't tell but the undercarriage sure got the once over. Man if that is worth $14K then my 1923 Touring ought to be priced double that. Some folks like flashy paint jobs I guess and don't care what the rest of it is if the title says its 1912.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 08:41 pm:

There's a 1912 Tourabout for $15k in Baltimore Craigslist. I can't identify the seats.

rdr
Arlingon VA: Smithsonian trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 11:22 pm:

Ford did not make a 1912 Tourabout so there is something fishy Ralph. Reccommend you not spend the Ricks family inheritance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 11:40 pm:

Rickydick's Rule of Inheritances: Those who deserve an inheritance will probably never need it.

No, I'm not in the market for another T; need to build a good garage to hold what I have.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:03 am:

In looking over the pictures, I can see NOTHING that is 1912!!!
The springs, engine, back axle are all from later cars. I think the lamps are even more recent, they all look repro to me.
At least my daughters 1914 Speedster has a 1914 chassis and motor number! These car dealers really are sharks, looking for the unknowing with too much money in the wallet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Nugent on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:10 am:

It is a shame something can't be done about this type of false advertising. I feel sorry for the individual who purchases this car and takes it to a show. I am new to the T family and to me it sure looks real!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:25 am:

At least it doesn't look like this "1912 Model T":

t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:37 am:

The shame is that not 1 in 10,000 knows the difference and the seller will get away with it!

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:54 am:

It looks like a nice speedster. There is no such thing as an original 1912 speedster. Each speedster is made from parts by somebody. Whether you are buying a 1912 speedster or a used Lexus the rule is "buyer beware". If someone just plunks down a bundle for this speedster its likely he has a bunch of change and won't miss a little of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 06:42 pm:

It is cute but . . .

One would hope any potential buyer would do a bit of research but there are enough olks with more money than knowledge that it might actually sell. I hope they aren't too disappointed if/when they find out what they really bought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Nugent on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 06:51 pm:

Some of us save for a car of our dreams and even sacrifice to come up with enought cash to make a purchase. Even if I could "plunk" down the cash, that in no way gives someone the moral right to be deceptive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 01:07 am:

Does anyone know how this auction came out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Beck on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 01:12 am:

It didn't sell:The reserve wasn't met.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration