Playing in Snow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Playing in Snow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 10:35 pm:

These old rigs work good in the snow.
And you're on a more even field with everybody else.
Nobody can stop!
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 11:00 pm:

Bob, Thanks for the chuckle, I can see how it would level the playing field out with the moderns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 11:47 pm:

It would level the playing field if it wasn't for the dumb bunnies that get out in the snow in their moderns and drive at 2 miles an hour! At least you would be in a situation where you could not go as slow as them while in T low. I live in Denver so I run into this situation on a regular basis. LOL

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 10:52 am:

I grew up in Denver, so know what you're talking about. Of course, there are also the idiots in the SUVs that assume because they have 4WD they won't skid on the ice and hence can go 55 down I-25....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 11:00 am:

I remember a heavy snowstorm here four or five years ago. As I drove a stretch of I-64, every single vehicle that had gone into a ditch was an SUV. Overconfidence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 04:23 pm:

Paul - We've got a lot of folks out here in the Pacific Northwest that can't handle snow or ice either! I have to be fair and not call them "dumb bunnies", because we get so little snow and ice (usually) around Seattle/Tacoma/Portland, that people just can't handle it; they just don't know for instance that when stuck in the snow, once the drive wheels break loose and begin to spin, you're done. So many people here think that if you floor the accelerator pedal and spin the wheels much faster, it might work! Seems like almost nobody out here realizes that if you can "rock" the car, and be easy enough on the gas to PREVENT the wheels from breaking loose, you can almost always succeed!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration