1918 T Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: 1918 T Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael James on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 11:41 pm:

Rebuilding a 1918 Model T Coupe from the ground up. This will be the 2nd T I've done. The first was in much better condition. The wooden frame on this one is so deteriorated, I can't even copy it to fabricate it. Does anyone know where I can get a picture or (better yet) specs for the wooden frame? Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Heffey on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 03:12 am:

I have just received the plans I ordered from Leon Parker and have found them to very detailed and informative. The time I will save will more than pay for the plans. The plans covered 1915 -1920 Touring but Leon may also have Coupe plans. Leon posts on here from time to time so he might jump in.

Andrew, New Zealand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler Searle on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 06:43 am:

Michael:
Try www.fordwood.com, click on coupes. They don't have wood for your specific year but state that the '20-'22 coup wood will work. I think the only real difference will be that your model has removeable window posts, the rest should be about the same.Good luck.
Tyler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:00 pm:

Michael -- Your profile doesn't say where you are, but you might want to travel to Tulsa, OK to see an '18 body in person. Fred Houston has an original one, and I expect he'd be willing to let you photograph and measure to your heart's content. You can contact him at: modeltgrg@cox.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 12:41 am:

I do not have any plans for the closed cars. If I could find the old wood for any closed Model T's I would draw up some plans. I am looking for any wood for the 1913 roadster and touring to complete the drawings I started. I need to check the measurements to a set of full size plans I have. Then draw them into a working size 18"x 24"
Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael James on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:31 am:

Thank you. This has all been very helpful. I'm in Redding, CA so Tulsa might be a bit of a drive:-) My first was a 1915 and I have sketches and photos if anyone might find that helpful. Thanks again for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 09:00 am:

Michael -- If you come to the Chickasha swap meet in March, Tulsa is only 3 hours away. :-) I am currently working on a '15 Coupelet. I would find sketches and photos of the wood for it very helpful. Please email me at waterwalk99@hotmail.com or call 479-790-4229. Thanks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration