Help ID'ing a part

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Help ID'ing a part
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:09 pm:

I have acquired some parts which I thought were for a Model T Coupelet but discovered that they are for a different car. They are similar to the Coupelet parts which hinge up to form channels for the door windows, and fold down to cover the windows when the glass is lowered. I'm sure these pieces serve the same function, but on some other car. Here's a pic:

image{part}

The part in question is at the top; the Coupelet counterpart is on the bottom. Does anyone have an idea what car these might fit? I have the set of four in great condition, and I'm sure someone who is restoring such a car would love to have them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:11 pm:

Pic:

image{part}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:13 pm:

Mike, are you preceding that with a backslash?

\image{part}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:13 pm:

OK, I've done this before with no problem. I am typing in the backslash, but it disappears when I try to post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:15 pm:

part

Sorry, I was putting the backslash after image. (They say the memory is the first or second thing to go....)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:52 pm:

Could they be from the padded, non-folding top 1917 coupelet or the 1918 flat, non-folding top coupelet? Both of these models had removable window pillars.

Click on this link for pictures of two late 1917 coupelets with the non-folding padded top and removable window pillars:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/86854.html

Erik Johnson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 01:01 pm:

Just had another thought -

Could they be from the first version of the coupelet produced from November 1914 - February 1915?

http://www.brassera.com/new_page_1.htm

Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 08:11 pm:

Erik -- I too wondered whether it might be from a late '17-'18 Coupelet, so I checked with Fred Houston, who has one. He said the window channels on his '18 are just like the '15-early '17 ones. I'm pretty sure the early '15 Coupelets are the same as well.

There must have been another car which used a similar setup. Possibly it was a car for which Fisher made the bodies, since Fisher made the Coupelet bodies for Ford.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration