Question for Tom Mullen or anyone else using Ultra-Pure in cold climates

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Question for Tom Mullen or anyone else using Ultra-Pure in cold climates
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 01:00 pm:

How does the cold weather affect your oil lamps when using Ultra-Pure Lamp oil? The label says it freezes below 40F. I put some in the fridge and it did not freeze, but it did when I put it in the freezer. Of course, it thawed out just fine like the label says. I live in south Georgia and although it sometimes gets into the teens at night, that is seldom and overnight winter temps are usually more like the mid 20's if that low. My shop is not heated, but it is insulated. I have never noticed a problem with the lamp oil freezing. I was curious if you did. I wondered if although frozen, the oil would just melt when a flame was applied and act sort of like a candle and just melt the oil as it was needed for fuel? Just curious.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration