Powdercoating split wheel rims

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Powdercoating split wheel rims
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A.woods on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 02:04 am:

If one is not going for judging points, and powdercoating (silver) is cheaper than zinc plating (not to mention, more locally accessable), what are the pros and cons of using powdercoat on 21" split rims?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 03:11 am:

Terry, I don't know anything about powder coat, but I have had very good luck by sandblasting, priming with Rustoleum primer and painting with Rustoleum silver. Cheap and easily touched up. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Grant Landy on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 06:57 am:

Terry-
I have had the split rims on my 26' Fordor powdercoated in a silver /grey color. They clean up nicely with the wipe of a rag and have stayed looking tidy. I can recommend doing it for a tidy but non authentic finish on your rims.
Warwick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 08:10 am:

Just like painting, powdercoat is 90% preparation. Fingerprints on the bare steel will cause future problems.

rdr
Wash DC, visiting my taxes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 10:46 am:

G'day Warwick

If possible can you post a picture of your 26 Fordor.

flag

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration