ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/09/09 RIE NIE PEDAL PANTS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/09/09 RIE NIE PEDAL PANTS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 12:14 pm:

Here's an accessory to keep the car warmer by stopping drafts from the open pedal slots. These are pretty road kill from over 80 years of hanging out folded in the box. I bought a set of new repops of these and found them to be to thick and bulky when installed. These original ones look like they would fit alot closer to the pedals and look cleaner when installed.
pedalpants pedalpants1
pedalpants2 pedalpants3
rieniepants

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:06 pm:

Is the one for the emergency brake really that tall? Oh, if they only quit using so much salt on the 12+ inches we received last night. Took over an hour to clean up the driveway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:09 pm:

In all the freezing weather I've driven in the Speedster with no pedal pants, my feet never got cold.

sno

rdr
freezing in DC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:19 pm:

Dave, Yes it is that tall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 02:44 pm:

One of the Durkee-Atwood buildings still survives in Minneapolis - it has been converted to lofts.

Erik Johnson
Minneapolis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 06:42 pm:

This one was a little tougher! Nothing under the names
used on the product or packaging was of any search use, so
I assume the patents mentioned by date only, were licensed
for use by Durkee-Atwood and not assigned to them.
Here are 2 patents each matching the month and year
of issue as shown on the packaging (Jun 1913 and Oct 1916).
Both seem like possible matches.

G.W. Dunham
Patent number: 1065668
Filing date: Dec 2, 1910
Issue date: Jun 24, 1913
http://tinyurl.com/yeed7e3

C.W. Small
Patent number: 1202441
Filing date: Jan 22, 1916
Issue date: Oct 24, 1916
http://tinyurl.com/yhl4or4

In June of 1913 there would have been 4 possible issue dates, 3, 10, 17 and 30.
In October 1916 there would have been 5 possible issue dates, 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31.

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 06:53 pm:

Whoops - the possible dates for June should read 3, 10, 17 and 24.
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 07:02 pm:

That is slick idea. I could sure use those in the summer in my '13 RHD. It gets pretty warm with the exhaust pipe going under/past the pedals. I need to make a set for myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 08:51 pm:

Les, an old sheep skin with slits cut in works well too (especially in summer to keep the hot air out)
Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 09:09 pm:

Adrian: Sounds like pulling the wool over on your fliver to me! I couldn't resist adding that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 09:09 pm:

Adrian
I suspect that old sheepskin is more common where you live. I suppose a person could brand Ford on it and call it a "original accessory". Do you put it hair side up in the winter and hair side down in the summer?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration