Tornado distributor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Tornado distributor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By coreywalker on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 08:42 pm:

I took this off the motor I got last Saturday. It's all busted up but the drive gear is o.k. I got that motor turning today, atf & acetone really works. No telling how long that motor sat outside, the guy I got it from said he had it 10 years sitting outside. post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By coreywalker on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 08:47 pm:

Oops, I didn't know this posted earlier. My computer shut off right in the middle of it and I just now got it going. Computers have a mind of their own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 10:09 pm:

Corey,

Just like T Models...:-)

Larry Bohlen '27 touring
Severn, Maryland

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 12:57 am:

The Tornado brand of distributor has got to be one of the poorest made from a durability perspective. Of all the distributors I have ever collected or seen in real life or on the net, I have never seen a good one yet that did not have cracks in the main body. The pot metal on these just do not stand up.

In contrast, the little Atwater Kent type LA clip-ons seem to have stood the test of time and many are still road worthy today.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration