Home made tire cover help?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Home made tire cover help?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 10:05 pm:

Yes I'm cheap but I also love to do things myself. I have been pondering how to make a spare tire cover. Has anyone here done it and what can you share about it?

Thanks all, Erich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 01:00 pm:

A good used Singer 15-91 or 201 gear driven machine will handle the top material very well and should easily make a tire cover. You might get some vinyl and just play. I bet you can work it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G Goelz on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 05:36 pm:

Erich, i bought a peice of vinyl at JoAnn fabrics and cut it 58" round and my wife just used her regular machine and sewed a place for the tie rope, i had our club logo printed on it .It covers the whole wheel,you should leave an opening at the bottom for water to drain out.
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 06:52 pm:

Thanks guys. I had never thought about the need for a drain hole. I have a few old heavy duty sewing machines that can handle the job. I am wondering about the best way to put FORD logo on it though. Rick, how was your club logo printed on yours?

Erich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G Goelz on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 07:20 pm:

Erich, i took it to a friend who does silk screen and he used vinyl ink.
Rick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration