Speedometer Cable Routing??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Speedometer Cable Routing??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Niederhauser on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 01:24 am:

I just had my Stewart Speedometer and cable rebuilt. I am re-installing it on my 1914 Touring and would like the cable to be routed correctly. I notice in the Lang's catalog they offer a rubber grommet that goes in a hole in the right-side splash apron to protect the speedometer cable where it passes through. My splash apron has no hole. When I bought the car the cable was just shoved up inside the frame rail underneath the firewall. I would like to route the cable correctly and would appreciate any information on how to do it. If I need to drill a hole in the splash apron, where do I do it? Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Long on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 08:34 am:

I haved a photo of an original 1910 with the hole / grommet that you describe if you like i can email it to you. Let me know and drop me a line at chesma@iinet.net.au

Cheers. Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 01:28 pm:

Don, The hole is right behind the firewall and centered on the "flat" portion of the apron. The hole is 1" in diameter and used a rubber washer to keep the cable from rubbing on the apron. I have the rubber washers, but you can get them at any parts supply house. Call me and I'll give you more details. Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 01:38 pm:

I have an orignal Jones Speedometer grommet. It is a hard as a rock, but who cares?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration