Deck Lid Latch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Deck Lid Latch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 03:03 am:

I need a latch for a '25 coupe. Are the repros sold by the vendors any good, or should I look for an original? Many thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 11:21 am:

David I have the reprod. latchs but its not the same size as the originals??, but finding an original thats usable might also be fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Harper on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 06:31 pm:

Hi David,
I purchased a repro latch from Lang's as my car was lacking one. It fit fine and works well. Our cars require the earlier style key as the Improved Car key is too large in diameter to fit into the deck lid hole.
Hope that this helps. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 12:16 am:

Thanks guy's. That helps alot. I wasn't looking forward to chasing down an original one if the repros work OK. I'd rather have an original, but right now I don't have any latch at all. At least I can get something to hopefully keep the lid from banging quite so much. Thanks again, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 05:58 pm:

Any other pros or cons? Thanks, Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration