Painting and Body Work

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Painting and Body Work
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 12:03 pm:

I don't know how I got on their mailing list, don't remember ever buying anything from them, but "Eastwood, Unique Automotive Tools and Supplies" have been sending me a catalog for several years. I look at all of them, like seed catalogs. Anyway, they seem to have anything a person could desire to do body work or painting, and it looks like good quality stuff. May be old news to some of you, but thought I would pass it along, lots of you are doing body work and painting through the winter. Usual disclaimer, their telephone number is 1-800-345-1178, web site is www.eastwood.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 06:23 pm:

Thanks Grady. I punched on the web site you had listed and it took me to their web page so I ordered a free catalog. Since we no longer get the Sears Robuck and Montgomery Ward catalogs the outhouse was getting low on paper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 07:22 pm:

Just beware some of that stuff is imported and similar if not identical equipment can be bought harbor frieght.I bought a brake tool kit from them and later found the exact tools at harborfrieght.
I will say the Radiator Black paint they sell works well.I like to thumb thru their catalog.Good wish book on some stuf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 01:33 am:

There's really nothing special about Eastwood. Their niche is having hobby supplies available "under one roof". The same products can be purchased just about anywhere and at a lower price.

I lost all respect for Eastwood about 6-7 years ago. They would often contract with small USA suppliers for their "shop equipment" and tools. At least until they could have it duplicated off-shore. Once the higher margin product was in hand, they simply canceled the contract with the USA supplier. If you wanted to fight it, you simply got out-lawyered. They were quick to take up the Wally-World business plan.

Personally, I wouldn't order a can of spray paint from them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 01:52 am:

I agree with Ken. They are very high priced in my book. These days you can spend less time than you would looking at their catalog and Google what you are looking for and find it American made for less. Just my.02

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 02:47 am:

These days you even have to be careful what you buy from Sears! They have a lot of imported stuff now too.
T'
David D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 11:37 am:

Their english wheel sets are twice as expensive as equivalent english wheels from other suppliers.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration