Would you like a composition dedicated to the MTFCA?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Would you like a composition dedicated to the MTFCA?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 05:06 pm:

Steve Jeff got me thinking last month about putting an album together of Model T Era songs. Here's his quote:

"Jim, have you thought of doing a CD of T-Era songs? Not necessarily all car-related, like "Get Out & Get Under", just popular songs of the time. There's a lot of great stuff from 1909 to 1927 by Carrie Jacobs Bond, Irving Berlin, Sissle & Blake, James P. Johnson, George M. Cohan, etc., etc."

Funny Jeff mentioned that - I have a friend who plays bari sax in a band that I conduct and he asked me to compose a rag for the bass sax and piano - something he could play and perform with the group. My friend's name is Barney Wagner and he is the owner/founder of the Arrow Lumber chain in the south Puget Sound region. I had so much fun writing the rag that I also wrote a ragtime waltz and called it the "Doug Fir Waltz."

After I read Jeff's comment, I thought it might be fun to compose a rag for the MTFCA that could be used on the website, etc., but first wanted your thoughts as club members. I'd allow the club to use the rag as they pleased, but I would retain the copyright.

I've posted "Barney's Rag" on my Youtube account, if you'd like to listen. Unfortunately, it's not me performing, but the computer - too hard to video with a little one in the house. Either there's too much noise in the background or she's asleep.

The URL for the video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u50Mn6-WYIk

and my handle is northropyf17. I'm a HUGE fighter jet fan, so I often times use airplanes as my alias'. Please let me know what you think and have a nice weekend.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration