Modern heater for a TT & Christmas lites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Modern heater for a TT & Christmas lites
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 09:29 pm:

Last Saturday,Paso Robles, the neighboring town about 15 miles up the road had a Christmas lights parade. Scheduled to start @ 7:00 Peyam. I was expecting 35-45 . Winds sometimes get 10-20 MPH.

Says I, don't want to suffer. Have no water pump or no fuel pump to make a heater work. I took out the top floor board and built a 3/4" angle iron framework and covered it with 1/4" wire mesh to keep various objects from falling thru.

The weather was around 40 and the wind was lite & variable. we had a propane radiant heater to put on the floorboards while we were waiting for the parade to start, thank you Randy!!! The floorboard heater definitely made a difference while we were in the parade and on the road.

About 8 or 10 of the miles are unlighted 2 lane country roads, and this was the first time driving at nite out of town. The lights are useful for identifying an object just before I run over it.

There were maybe 18-20 antique autos in the parade, and we won 2nd prize for the category. WOW!!

I'm going to post multiple pictures. If they don't make it, i'll post them one at a time.

file

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 09:31 pm:

OK, I give up.

file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 10:49 am:

"The lights are useful for identifying an object just before I run over it."

Jim, that's the best description of Model T headlights I've ever heard! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Watson on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 10:50 am:

Jim,

I like the heater setup you made. Very clever! Can't help but wonder if the original owners did something similar or an early aftermarket accessory was available? Enjoy the winter driving.

Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 10:54 am:

I have an aftermarket accessory that lets air in in place of the firewall shield. I'll try to get a photo of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 11:32 am:

Dick; Dank u voor de vriendelijke woorden.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 12:00 pm:

Graag gedaan, Jim.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 05:07 am:

Well; This will determine if I can follow the simple directions written by Art. It seems that enthusiasm has have exceeded my level of smarts many times. I can always blame it on age.

This is wider view of a similar of the one above

DSCF0251

And from the other side

DSCF0253

And with the lites on and no flash

DSCF0249

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration