Where to put the parking brake handle for storage?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Where to put the parking brake handle for storage?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew K. Deckman on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 11:08 pm:

I read here that the best way to store a T is with the parking brake all the way forward. Now I see that, that may cause the clutch plates to stick together?
What is the most trouble free way to store.
I am not a mechanic and not many T's around here for me to get help with.

Thank you
Andrew D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 11:14 pm:

Drop down the clutch lever, full forward. Then chock a wheel for safety.

The lever forward relieves the clutch spring, and forces oil out between the plates so they can't congeal hard which can cause the plates to stick together, creating hard or creeping starts in the spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 08:00 am:

Andrew,

My recommendation is to get the old oil hot, then change it. This will remove any moisture that could cause the plates to rust. Refill it with the oil of your choice, run it to circulate the new oil, then park it and do as Dan says above.

Seth

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration