T Rear Springs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: T Rear Springs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Key on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 01:51 am:

My pickup has a 25 frame and originally had a 7 leaf rear spring. I added a leaf due to too soft of a ride.

The pickup is now torn down and I have decided to replace that spring with a heavier factory spring. So, I go to the junk pile and bring in an 8, 9 and ten leaf springs along with a 26 / 27 rear cross member and a pre 26 rear cross member for comparison purposes.

The 26 / 27 cross member has the most arch as does the ten leaf spring so I assume its a 26 / 27 spring.

However, I go to T Springs website and they are selling a ten leaf rear spring 1909 - 1927.
http://www.t-springs.com/products.html

So, the question is, are all of the rear springs interchangeable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 12:13 pm:

First of all, I don't think Ford ever made a ten leaf rear spring. 9 leaf springs were used on sedans and pickups, and aren't too difficult to find.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration