Please post your favorite Model T moment of 2009.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Please post your favorite Model T moment of 2009.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 04:10 am:

I think it would have to be April for me, and the Golden Times tour at Arrowtown, New Zealand.

name

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 04:20 am:

REMEMBER....no one ever lay on their deathbed and said "I'm so glad I saved my money instead of touring in my Model T. Life is short, rally hard!
name

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 12:01 pm:

Here I am with my navigator and best friend, Ellie. We are on the way to the Hill and Valley Show in Cross Plains, WI. She named our 16 touring "Lizzie" and loves to go for Model t rides.
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 12:25 pm:

I think my favorite "moment" was when my 4 yr old grandaughter Abby couldn't remember the term "depot hack" and just called it, "Grandpa's ice cream truck"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 12:39 pm:

I have two choices and first would be my 11 year old Grandson doing a very good job of driveing his 15 and our 14! The Old Car Festival at Greenfield Village is allways the highlite of our model T year! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By coreywalker on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 01:07 pm:

My favorite moment may be today. The mailman just delivered my coils I had sent to Ron Patterson to get rebuilt. I put them in and went for a freezing cold ride. I need to buy a windshield glass next. Anyhow it was like a completely different car. Before it would barely pull itself from low to high. It's supposed to be almost 70 tomorrow so I'm ready for a longer ride. Now instead of just show-and-tell I'll have a more enjoyable driver. post post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 01:56 pm:

Successfully completing the Canyonlands tour of over 700 miles. Only problem was a broken hood latch. Replaced in 5 minutes.
Norm
canyonlands
road to GC
zion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 03:19 pm:

For me, it hasn't been a single moment, but a bunch of them. The high point of my Model T year is that Anja and I were able to participate in the Show-Me Tour, the Canyonlands III Tour, the St. Louis Overnight Tour, the Hillbilly Tour and the St. Louis Fall Tour. I didn't know a year ago if we would be able to do any of them, much less all of them. We're already signed up for the 2010 Show-Me Tour in Arkansas...

.p1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 04:23 pm:

For me, the best time of the year 2009, is the holiday in the month of August with my family, my best friends and our Ford model T.

Olivier

photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timmy Pittman on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 04:41 pm:

All of are good memories are wanderful and maybe one I can share the same...but here is mine...Tow years ago May 2010 I was working on my wie's vacuum and watching a 1918 Model T. I had ask the owner several questions with about 22 minutes left on the bid. My daughter wanted to play a kids game she finally had figured out to access certain games on line. I asked one question and went back to my duties. I finally finished with the vacuum and was putting everything away while my daughter was playing on the computer. Later on that evening I wnet to check email and you know the little highlighted in email telling you one won an item on Ebay. I thought it was an old wall phone....well guess what I was an owner of my 1918 Model T. MY 6 year old daughter some how open my minimized window and inserted the winning bid and claimed she was playing a game.

As far fetch as this is but it is really true.

Merry Christmas

Timmy

file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timmy Pittman on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 04:42 pm:

i forgot to spell check sorry guys....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 04:46 pm:

For me, the best time of the year 2009, is the holiday in the month of August with my family, my best friends and our Ford model T.

Olivier

photo

photo2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tobias on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 07:26 pm:

My first day Driving my T
pedals
Duh-Which pedal is what?
Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 08:42 pm:

Mine was less than three weeks ago.

A friend of mine who I met on this forum, Dex Doucet, who lives in Lafayette,LA invited me down to visit. While there helping him with another project of his, he introduced me to his '15 T roadster.

Of course he had to show me how nicely it ran, and it certainly did. That car had free-starts down pat! So, now I've heard another model T run besides the one I no longer own.

Too bad it was raining the whole time I was there because I'd have sure enjoyed a ride in a real T.

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Voss on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 08:56 pm:

After see my in one garage or another in the last thirty years. I hit the road for the first this year. So every T time was great.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 09:13 pm:

My favorite Model T moment was on October 27, 2009, my 64th birthday, when I purchased my T. My wife said I was having another midlife crisis, she says that every time I come home with another car. Midlife yes, crisis No!My wife calls her Rux

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 09:27 pm:

Sorry, Carl, but 64 is too old for a "midlife" crisis (unless you're planning to live to 128)... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 09:46 pm:

My best day came in July as I was driving my touring car in a small town in northern NY and a group of bikers (HD's) was chasing me down for a look. It seems that every time I would turn a corner they would miss me. They caught up to me at a gas station and surrounded me...I got a bit nourvos at first. I think there was around 30 of them in the group. Got stuck there for close to half an hour, But did have lots of fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G Goelz on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 10:39 pm:

Ours was making it over Trail Ridge Road on the Co/Wy tour,blowing snow, 12,000 ft, cold.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry W. Fowler on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 10:47 pm:

Without question the best Model T moment of 2009 is the compilation of numerous moments from June 14th through July 12th during the New York to Seattle Ocean to Ocean tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 10:55 pm:

Dick, Have you not heard that 60 is the new 40! I'm right in there taking care of myself and still being a kid at heart. I had fun while young, then worked my butt off, and now I'm having the best time of my life! Actually, I am working harder now than during my career, but doing those things that have real meaning to myself and my fellow man. Go volunteer, it is great!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry W. Fowler on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 10:56 pm:

(\image)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 11:02 pm:

Carl, if 60 is the new 40, then I'm approaching 50! I still don't think that you can have a midlife crisis after 60.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 11:03 pm:

Surrounded by my girls - the Vintage Car Club, Canterbury Branch's 2009 Rear Wheel Brake Rally:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICK NELSON on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 11:14 pm:

I guess mine just happened , with my 3 year old granddaughter on my lap. Looking at the posts . She said those are sweet cars like yours papa.
This is her post. LkkkjkkljsaFFGHHHJJJJJYTLLKKKLLLJIO[[[.
Jhhihw3ssjkl;’
‘’l;lkjhggs she said this is merry Christmas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:29 am:

All time traveling in my T.In 2008 I had 8+ weeks 11,000+ miles of special momets. I crossed the Arctic Circle in canada & Alaska. I arived home in time to pick up more tires and drive to Richmond fore the centenial.
AC
ac2
2009 has been a slower year Canyons and mountan passes. Kanab and my trip there & home were great

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:33 am:

try again
ac
ac2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry W. Fowler on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:56 am:

Pictures from the Ocean to Ocean tour.
\image {}
\image {}
\image {}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry W. Fowler on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:57 am:

Well, that didn't work. Try again.

\ image {1915 Runabout}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry W. Fowler on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 01:06 am:

This 'new' photo posting system is really something!
1915 runabout

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry W. Fowler on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 01:08 am:

Well, the learning curve is complete, it worked!!
1915 Runabout
1915 Runabout

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 03:23 am:

April, 2008 - the last time my car ran. My daughter, Kaitlyn, is pictured in the photo. We just got back from a trip to the park. 1927 Tudor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 04:52 am:

I definitely do not spend enough time with my Ts. But the best this past year was my grown son and I winning a hard luck trophy on the Santa Clara Model T Ford Club's endurance run. Boy, did we earn it. After too many delays, we barely got the car running in time to load it onto the trailer and be the last car to arrive at the tech inspection on Saturday. We started on the 200 mile run with less than a 1/4 mile on this car and no time to final adjust or shake the bugs out. We had gas tank and fuel line problems. Vacuum tank problems and carburetor problems made us the last car to the lunch stop. Repairs made us the last car to leave, but we caught up to a few others. A few miles later an electrical short killed the engine and burned up some temporary wiring. No sooner had we repaired the wiring when a bolt fell out inside the Muncie making it so we could not shift or keep it in gear. Managed to drain the grease and bolt into a plastic bag, fish out the bolt and return most of the grease to the transmission. Some re-assembly and we were back on the road again with a wonderful good friend and his wife following us the last 30 or so miles in their speedster. They became the last car across the finish line, behind us. That was okay, they won two years ago. The only people left at the finish line were a few clean-up volunteers and two of my relatives. We got the trophy for "hard luck, finishing the run". It was the best time I have had all year.

W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John W,Coward Sr on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 11:13 am:

I have many favorite T moments but two that stands out are, Getting my father's T back on June 27,2007 after 25 years of trying. Next would be the grandson Jordan (19 month old Model T mechanic) installing the last spark plug without putting anything, nuts or bolts, in the four little holes.\dscf2489.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John W,Coward Sr on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 11:23 am:

test for John \image

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 11:24 am:

2008 - Centennial trip and event with my family.
2009 - I guess it would be test driving the Fire Chief's Car with my daughter. The brass bell got a workout and the neighbors think we're nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBKo9z_Fr38

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 11:26 am:

John, try \image{pic} and you'll be prompted for a filename for the pic when you post the message. Don't start a line with \image{pic} but put a period (or full stop, depending on where you are) in front of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Protexter on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:03 pm:

Two best 2009 T moments for me were when a friend of ours called and said he was selling his 19 rdstr and we were first on the list, it sits in our garage now. The other one is when we brought home an 11 touring that is a very complete and correct car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:37 pm:

This is going to sound strange, but it was back in 1982 when I was cranking my Model T when up walked this most beautiful woman. I had retarded the spark and advanced the gas and wanted to show off by cranking my car using the crank. I positioned myself in front of the car and pulled up on the crank and she roared to life to the delight of my new friend. I was very happy as I ran around and through the driver's side window, advanced the spark and throttle and was getting ready to switch the key to mag when she died. Embarrassed, distracted and impatient, I walked back around to the front to give it another try, completely forgetting that I neglected to retard the spark. Still talking and flirting with my new friend and unaware that I might be making Lizzie jealous, I pulled up on the crank to position it at 7:00, so as to crank it when the first coil sparked. At that, with the spark advanced, she backfired and spun the crank around, hitting my wrist. The sharp pain told me it was broken, so, as bravely as I could, without letting on I just broke my wrist, I bid that beautiful woman farewell without even getting a phone number and drove myself to the hospital to have a cast put on. I never got her name or saw her again.

While it was an unpleasant experience at the time, it made me a part of a historic and exclusive club of Model T owners, of which my Grandpa was a member, which served to remind me to never get distracted. keep your mind on what you are doing, always respect a Model T and never make a woman or Lizzie jealous. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:43 pm:

Man! I need to pay attention. Obviously the above moment is my favorite Model T moment of 1982. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 02:53 pm:

Jim, if breaking your wrist is your favorite Model T Moment, I'd hate to see what your bad Model T Moments are like!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 03:59 pm:

Sort of like an initiation. Not fun to go through at the time but, once done, becomes an experience worth having and sharing with others. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 05:02 pm:

Watching everyone on the forum and their rides!
Still can't afford to buy the T in my barn, but you folks give me something to look forward to!
Here's to a successful 2010!
Cheers,
chriso

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 06:08 pm:

I wouldn't say favourite, but certainly my Model T highlight of 2009 was breaking the crankshaft on 18th October.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 10:00 pm:

I would have to say the Canyonlands III Tour was the highlight of the year.

canyonland

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 11:19 pm:

Mine would have to be Labor Day 2009: My T ran for the first time under my watch in 12 years 9 months.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr. on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 11:23 pm:

Please see my "Tour to the castle" thread. For sure my 2009 highlight so far. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark C on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:11 am:

My hilight for 2009 would be giving rides to 4 school friends and their families that I hadn't seen in 10 years. After a great BBQ lunch and swim. They all enjoyed it.
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:48 am:

Eating Tacos on the side of a County Road in Northern Michigan.

Michele, Capone and I drove 1197 miles from our home in Rockford IL around Lake Michigan and back home. It was a trip I will NEVER FORGET.

picture here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:52 am:

My favorite moment is Michele and I eating Tacos we made in the Manifold Cooker, on the side of a County Road in Northern Michigan. The Tacos were REALLY GOOD, when I am able to duplicate the recipe, I will share.

Michele, Capone and I drove 1197 miles from our home in Rockford IL around Lake Michigan and back home. This was one of the photos from that trip.

It was an experience I will NEVER FORGET.

picture here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:54 am:

PS They were HOT!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:59 am:

Or the next night in Ludington MI, We made a Great Dinner that evening as well. (Not on the manifold though).
picture here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 03:27 am:

My favorite moment was when I bought our very original '25 coupe this summer. It was owned by my best friend of fifty three years. We bought it at his estate sale unfortunately. We have had a lot of fun with it taking the grandkids rides. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 03:29 am:

By the way, Nevin, thanks for this thread. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Harris on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 08:06 am:

Anytime in a T makes a favorite memory. . . a few from this year. . .

imageSpringTour1

Lone Star T's / CowTown T's Spring Tour - in May, just 2 weeks after I had surgery!

imageKanab1

Meeting new friends and traveling all over Utah and Arizona with old ones at the Canyonlands III National Tour. . . This is a favorite!

imageTerrell1

Leading this years Lone Star T's Tickey Creek Tour to Terrell. . . having a "wardrobe malfunction" when I hung myself off the door latch with the back pocket of my jeans. . . Yep, Duct Tapes DOES fix everything!

And, no picture (yet) - I was truly honored to receive the Lone Star T's Annual Outstanding Service Award for 2009.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 11:11 am:

August 1, 2009 1:30pm. The day the engine started after being freshened up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:55 pm:

My Best Model T Moment of 2009 occured during the preparation for this year's Texas T Party in Tyler. I finally finished the restoration on the '14 and got it to start on the 2nd crank. It ran real good until I advanced the spark and gas then it only ran on #'s 1 and 2. Spent 4 days checking spark, compression, wiring and valve clearances - along with other projects. Finally had an epiphany at 0530 one morning! Unbolted the carb and let it hang on the linkage and gas line and took the intake manifold off. Without looking, I poked my finger into the rear manifold opening and felt the muddauber nest! Fixed and reinstalled and drove into Uhland, TX to wake my friend as the sun was coming up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Koll on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 01:07 pm:

For me there were two - The first (chronologically) was winning the Stynoski award with our '26 Runabout on the MTFCI Annual Tour in July in Tenn. It was both stressfull and rewarding. The second was chauffuering my daughter and new son-in-law from their wedding ceremony to the reception in our '26 Touring. We got more looks and "thumbs up" and honks than you can imagine. Both events were once in a lifetime!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 05:11 pm:

On an icy-cold morning in June of 2009, I rolled the Speedster out at 5:30 a.am. and made the 21-mile run to Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley, California. It was the largest car show I'd ever attended, and the farthest I'd ever driven the Speedster to that point.{mile.sq.pk.}
I pulled into the show area at about 6:00 a.m. frozen stiff (I don't know what I'd do in really cold weather!) and had my picture snapped. spent the day letting kids sit in the car and roaming the show. Great day with a trouble-free drive back home in the afternoon sunshine!
This was sort of a 'shakedown cruise' for longer trips during the summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 05:15 pm:

{mile Sq.} Aggggghhh! Got to go read the photo instructions again - Dangit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 05:17 pm:

{image}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Brian Jordan on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 07:17 pm:

A Funny Thing Happened One Night At The Symphony

This summer Valerie and I met up with Jack & Sue Daron and Kenny & Lois Edmondson for an evening at Symphony On The Prairie at Conner Prairie in Noblesville, Indiana. This happened to be their Big Band weekend. We were running late so Valerie and I got to our seats with just a few minutes to spare before it started. They always begin by thanking the sponsors and then they announce special birthdays and anniversaries that people tell them about. Usually it’s 80th birthdays, 50th wedding anniversaries and things like that. This time there was one announcement that caught my attention and I wasn’t sure I heard it right. What they had announced was that Paul and Georgia Bradley were celebrating their 80th Wedding Anniversary. They went on to say that Paul was 99 and Georgia was 98. I then asked around to make sure I heard that correctly. Yes, it was 80 years of marriage and 99 and 98 years of age. So to put that in to perspective they were married in 1929 the year of the original Stock Market Crash! After our evening of visiting and listening to the music with Jack & Sue and Kenny & Lois we said our goodbyes and headed for home.
I couldn’t stop thinking about how amazing it was that these people had been married for 80 years so the next day I e-mailed Scott Hoke, the emcee at Symphony On The Prairie, to find out about contacting the Bradley’s to see if they would have an interest in going for a ride in a Model T. At their ages I was certain they had probably owned one and thought maybe it would bring back memories for them. He put me in touch with the woman at Conner Prairie who had been given the information about the Bradley‘s. After telling her my idea she then contacted Melana, the woman who looks after the Bradley’s to see if it was alright for me to contact her. I was then given the ok and the phone number to call Melana. We talked and she said the Bradley’s were excited about having the chance to ride in a Model T again. She told me about how many places they go and all the people they meet. They had just recently been interviewed about their 80 years together and she said that I would be able to see them on the news very shortly. Melana said she would be in touch in a couple of weeks and we would work out a day and time for the drive.
After my talk with Melana I realized that the Bradley’s lived fairly close to Kenny & Lois. I then talked to Kenny and asked if he would be able to help me with this project since he has a touring car and only lived about 3 miles from them. He said that he would be happy to and would like to meet this couple too. On October 11th at 2:00 p.m. we met the Bradley’s and Melana. They get around pretty well for their ages, they both use walkers and their hearing is bad but otherwise they seem to be in pretty good health. When they came out the first thing Paul asked Kenny about was the firing order of his T. After he looked it all over we got him and Georgia loaded up in the back seat of Kenny’s touring car and bundled them up since it was a chilly day. Kenny chauffeured them around the complex they live in along with Paul’s kid sister as the co-pilot in the front seat, she is only 88! They made several trips, first with his sister then Melana and finally a nephew. A good time was had by all and Mr. Bradley even sang to his wife in the back seat as they rode through the neighborhood.
I would like to thank Kenny & Lois for taking time to help with this project and the use of their car. Also, thanks to my wife who goes along with these crazy ideas I get. To quote Nick Ellingwood, “ The cars are an avenue to meet people. ”. He is right and this was a great example of that! I can’t explain why I wanted to do this for this couple but it was something that I just felt compelled to do.

Submitted by: Brian Jordan

I hope you enjoy this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 07:28 pm:

What a treat Brian!!! Great story...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 07:51 pm:

cold morn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 07:56 pm:

Grrrrrrrr. This is my last attempt. coldmorn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 08:50 pm:

My favorite memory is when 5 of us went to a 5th grade class and do a presentation on Henry Ford and the Model T. We had 3 tourings, a coupe and a fire truck and let the kids sit in the cars. The kids were very curios and well behaved. It was a fun time.

looking

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Walberg on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 08:59 pm:

Mr. Jordans' tale caused me to think of Dorothy, yes lovely little Dorothy. 88 on 08 of 08.
Joy and I trailered our 25 touring "Black BeauTy" from Garden Prairie in N Illinois to Winter Haven Fl for the coldest months. We had a good time terrorizeing the park, and created a great deal of "I remember when" memories.
One day I was up near the club house with a friend, when along comes Dorothy. When am I going to get a ride in your car she asked? How about now we replied. I'm not sure I can get in said she. Sure you can said Joe reassuring her. I'll go along and help you get out when we get to your place. Back seat is probably easier for you to get in anyway said Joe. Then Dorothy, with a twinkle in her eye and a sly grin said sprightly Oh Joe, I've been in the back seat of a Model T Ford allot of times, years ago". Now that is a memorable moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karl v schlachter on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 09:31 pm:

My favorite 2009 moment was participating in the 4th of july parade with some of my family members 1326jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karl v schlachter on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 09:37 pm:

My favorite 2009 moment was participating in the 4th of july parade with some of my family members 1326jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karl v schlachter on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 09:38 pm:

sorry thought I had but I guess not

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thunder on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 09:51 pm:

Mine was yesterday. My new Gal, wanted to see the car that I was always talking about. I told that if she jumped in, she'd be the first "Hot Chick" that had been in it. She was in the seat before I finished my statement. So I had to jump in, next to her. Not an easy task with my recent leg injury. So there we sat in my Speedster. No engine, no rear axle, propped up on a stand in my garage. A memory I'll never forget...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 10:22 pm:

Mine was today when I was able to pick up my engine block with the new bearings done…

new bearings

Now to reassemble everything and start it for the first time!
Happy holidays!
Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bud scudder on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 11:03 pm:

My best'09 memory or maybe we will call it a stroke of luck occurred when our chapter(NoKen T's) sets up a "Grapes of Wrath" display at the annual Sept. tractor & machinery show in Brook Ville,Ind. We primitive camp,cook meals over open fires, have demonstrations, etc. This year was very wet and muddy. I was setting on site with nothing to do when a very nice fellow approached and asked if I was with the T club. I told him I was. He said " I have a problem and wondered if I might ask you to help me out. My father in law had passed away 15 years earlier and I need to get rid of 3 cars". A '24 coupe, a '25 TT steel cab flat bed and a '31 deluxe Sport coupe. All exceptional cars. I was able to come to terms with his prices. The T's both have Ruckstels. The TT has strange front wheels with 30x5 tires. I have the T's running and they run super. The A has a tank full of varnish. I have never, never seen fronts like these on a TT before. They are Jaxon as are the 21's on the coupe. I'll try some pictures when I can get one of the kids or grand kids to show the ol' man how!! I think the wheels are accessory or may be off of some other make of truck. Any way that's my '09 Memory

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 11:36 pm:

Thunder -- When stopped at a gas station in my Model T, a nice elderly lady came over and started a conversation about her experiences with T's. Smiling, she said, "I lost my virginity in a car like this."

You said, "A memory I'll never forget..." You might have more memories to be made. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Rice on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 12:40 am:

Had a great year with the T and lots of tours and shows, but last week was probably the highlight, setting new traditions by getting the Christmas tree in our '20 T that was bought new by my grandfather.
Tnursery
TTree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thunder on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 12:41 am:

Mike Walker..... I can ONLY HOPE!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leming on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 11:31 am:

The best day for me was when I fired up and drove my Dads 25 express truck for the first time in 20 years. Bad thing is he wasnt there with me - he passed away in June. It ran great! But, later in September, the rear end broke, so now I need to fix that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 10:38 pm:

My four year old grandaughter and the 24 file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 10:46 pm:

Try again file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JAMES M. RIEDY on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 12:33 am:

Seeing my nephew who I havn't seen in almost 30 years and teaching him to drive my 26 roadster. 100_1693

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff rey L. Vietzke on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 01:18 pm:

Mine was just after Thanksgiving. I took my girlfriend's 85 year old father on a 25 mile drive in my '15 touring. He told me that the very first automobile he ever rode in was a Model T, when he was a 6-year old in 1930. It was his uncle's car, and he didn't know the year, but thought it was a 1918...it was a crank start only car. He lives in New York, and I'm in California, so it was a great moment. He said he felt like a movie star riding in the car, what with all the attention we were getting!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 04:07 am:

I have given a lot of thought to what my most enjoyable Moment for 09 would be. I drive at least one of my Ts almost every day.
I would say for short one day trips it would be to the top of Trail Ridge about 65 miles from here.
I also enjoy hosting tours. I have been tour leader on two large national tours and four large regional tour. I would have to say that maybe my most enjoyable time in 09 was in the parking lot of the La Quinta Motel in Loveland this summer watching the big motor homes and pickups pulling in with their their Ts for the Colorado/Wyoming Tour #3.

A365a Ts in front of Shop

Please see the picture of my Ts that I have a choice of which one to drive each day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 05:45 am:

The peak for my 2009 Model T season was early - around April 25-26. I am member of the UK club "Ford Model Y & C register" and their Annual General Meeting was that sunday in a small village Willoughby southwest of Birmingham.They urge you to show up in your old car and as my Ford C was not roadworthy, I choose my Model T. The engine and gear had been overhauled during the winter so this should be the test - 1500 km (almost 1000 miles) T/R. A former collegue accompanied me and he lived quite cosey:
valloe slot
En route we crossed the only tollway in Denmark:
betalingsanlæg
namely what in 2 weks after it's opening was the longest suspensionbridge in the world - the Great Belt bridge:
storebaeltsbro
Later we crossed a typical 1930 piece of danisg ingenuity - the Little Belt Bridge:
lillebaelt
Such old craftsmanship looks good together :-)
Once we where there, we where close to Warwick, a very old english city, where I took this picture of an ol' car in front of an ol' house (17th century):
warwick billede
Now we are at the AGM - its my co-driver in front of my car and the clubs secretary, Bob Wilkinson approaching us to welcome us:
agm
Notice the neat little Model Y roadster next to my Ford. That was driven be an elderly couple some 100 miles - now that do I call an accomplishment:
Mistral
As you may know - a bomber always have secondary targets, and mine was to get a picture of my car in front of the IBM office in Warwick:
IBM
I started taking pictures first time I drove to work and that became the start of an obsession that I want to collect pictures of my vintage cars in front of all the IBM locations in Europe.
Well - everything got and end and here we take a pitstop at the Lillebælt with the lovely Lillebæltsbro (Little Belt Bridge) in the background.
I hope you all understand why I cound this the peak of the season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 05:48 am:

There seems to be an upper limit of number of pictures per post, so you missed the last picture in my post above:
lillebaelt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David_Cockey on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 12:48 pm:

Least favourite moment - our T rolling over and dumping us on the ground.

Favourite moment - finding out we were going to be okay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 01:22 pm:

Mine is also a least/most favorite kind of moment.

The least favorite part: A couple of days ago I rear-ended another car in my T. It was the only mishap I've had in a T, and it was a wake-up call. I hadn't driven my T for a while and my modern car stops on a dime, so I guess I had a "momentary lapse of reason". I was following a Ford Focus heading into an intersection, and I thought we both were going to sail on through the green light when it suddenly turned yellow. The driver in front of me slammed on her brakes and her car stopped. I slammed on my brakes and crashed into her car with a very loud "CRUNCH". It took me a couple of minutes to get up the nerve to go around front and survey the damage, which I supposed to be extensive. I figured I'd be buying another new brass radiator at the very least.

Now the most favorite part: When I walked around to the front of my car, the only damage I could see was the crank handle was bent slightly. The crank had taken all of the blow and hit her bumper squarely in the middle, leaving a dent in the bumper. My front tires had straddled her bumper, scuffing the paint on both sides. We agreed to move our vehicles out of the intersection and into a nearby parking lot, and exchange information. As we looked over the two cars, she asked whether mine was hurt, and I said no. She said the damage to hers wasn't enough to worry about, and she could just tell her insurance company it happened in a parking lot. She asked, "Is that OK with you?" I said, "Yes it is", and we drove off.

The Model T Gods obviously were smiling on me that day. I've driven T's enough to know not to follow another vehicle closely, but I forgot for a second. You just can't afford to do that when driving your T; even when it's one you've driven thousands of miles and you're very comfotrable with it. That's the wake-up call: DON'T FORGET!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration