ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/11/09 RAJO POP UP OIL GAUGE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/11/09 RAJO POP UP OIL GAUGE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 10:56 am:

Here's a well made cast iron oil level gauge manufactured by rajo. This is an original NOS unit. There is a guy here in Northern Ca. that makes a repop Rajo gauge that has a bit different look and I believe it's cast in brass.
rajogauge rajogauge1
rajo rajo1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 02:28 pm:

Hi All

This patent was a little tougher . .
Have included an other ad from Popular Mechanics July 1922.

Patent number: 1636049
Filing date: Mar 24, 1921
Issue date: Jul 19, 1927
http://tinyurl.com/ya75tvf

Regards
Art
Rajo Oil Gauge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 02:20 pm:

Jay, I did purchase one of those reproduction gauges. They were made in brass maybe 20 years ago. While mine is still on the shelf awaiting installation, it appears to be well made in a faithful way and I would think it would work really well. I believe once in a while you see the gent's advertisement marketing them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 06:39 pm:

I've had one on my Racer since he (Marino) started to sell them. Nice copy - works great.
rajo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 08:18 pm:

Does any body have an email or phone # for these?
I would be interested in one.

How much does one run?

Thanks in advance.

Larry Bohlen '27 Touring
Severn, Maryland

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 11:34 pm:

Larry go onto the for sale site of the MTFCA thumb down to Nov 12th 09 the fellows got an ad there with them for sale Merry Xmas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 07:57 am:

John,

Thank you.
Found it.

Happy Holidays to all.

Larry Bohlen '27 Touring
Severn, MD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 12:04 pm:

here's another ad for the gauge
rajooilgauge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 02:26 pm:

Jay

I think I have an oil guarge similar to yours but not a Rajo. It seems to work, when I blow in the pipe the white button goes all the way up. It was made by THE STEPHEN MACKIN MFG CO. Worcester, Mass. Pat Applied For. Note that there is no H in Worcester. The body seems to made of cast aluminum. I might consider putting it on one of my Ts.

A360

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration