Looking for T Contacts in Austin, TX area

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Looking for T Contacts in Austin, TX area
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven D. Boyd on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 09:17 pm:

I will be a staff volunteer in Inks Lake State Park, 30 miles NW of Austin, TX during 1/1 to 3/31/10. The nearest town is Burnet. Nice opportuinity to get out of the Wisconsin winter! I am taking my '14 touring in my 5th wheel toy hauler and will have a lot of fun at the park with this car. I drove this car across the US in the O2O tour last summer so it should be of interest to park visitors. I am looking for Model T contacts in the Austin area, particularly a club if there is one with meetings, tours etc. Does anyone have such information? Thanks is advance. Steve Boyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 10:18 pm:

Cen-Tex Tin Lizzies
c/o Roger Spillers
10604 Wagon Road W
Austin, TX 78736
512-288-4045

Model T Ford Club Texas Hill Country Chapter
2505 Lower Turtle Creek Rd.
Kerrville, TX 78028.
210-257-8168

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Materazzi on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 11:03 pm:

I have a 16 roadster and live in cedar park (next to austin) however I have not joined the local clubs as of yet. You can reach at mikematerazzi@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven D. Boyd on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 11:24 pm:

Mike - I have sent a seperate email. Ken - Thank you for the info. I will call the numbers you supplied. Kerrville would be a nice two hour drive from the park. Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 10:11 am:

Mr. Boyd, if you intend going to Kerrville (the Neunhoffers - 830-257-8168, 830-257-5361, 830-257-8391) I would call in advance, make sure they are there, and get good directions, their place is hard to find, but well worth the trouble. Best route to Kerrville, take 29 Burnet to Llano, eat lunch at Cooper's BBQ or at my nephews, Papadeaux's (sea food). Then 16 South all the way to Kerrville, you will see some pretty country, one stretch of 16 between Llano and Fredericksburg a bit rough for a T, but can be done, I have done it many times. When in Fredericksburg, give me a call (I'm on the Profile), I can show you what few T things there are here, including my car and one of the local T restorers. Not be missed, the Nimitz Museum. Plan on more than a day though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 11:34 am:

Steven,
An advance 'Welcome to Texas' to you. We need more rust belt Model T evacuees, even if its on a temporary basis. Probably a better Cen-Tex Tin Lizzies, or I should say 'another' contact is Vic Donnell in Dripping Springs. His cell phone number is (512) 913-4317. He has a '13 touring with original upholstery. Be sure and meet up with Perry Goble when in Burnet. He is a young fellow and prefers the pre-1909 Fords. His phone number in Burnet is (512) 793-9050. I'm about 30 miles south of austin and have a newly restored '14 runabout and would be happy to host you for a time. Have a safe trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven D. Boyd on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 09:41 pm:

Grady, George - Many thanks for your information. I will follow up on all of it when I am "off-duty" at Inks Lake Park. It is nice to know I can look up some folks with interests similar to mine. Grady - plan on me taking the route you suggest and I will see you in Fredericksburg. I stopped there last March for part of a day - it is quite a place. I want to get over to Kerville to visit a sister of a friend of mine who died a few years ago. Fellow named Ron Aase who was my "mentor" in the T hobby when I first got started (sort of like a "sponsor" in AA - HA!).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Rice on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 01:45 am:

not too far from college station
texastouringts.com

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration