HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 03:23 am:

Hi All
As there are still members struggling to get the uploading
of photos figured out and many of the threads with these
instructions are now very lengthy and filled with test uploads,
I have put together “my” understanding of the procedure in
the jpg file below. You can right click on it to save or print.
Now I am certainly no expert or computer whiz, but have
tried to condense a lot of good but spread out info from all
those who have the know how into a short step by step
document that will I hope make sense and be helpful to some.
Regards
Art

PhotoUploadInstructions

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 04:49 am:

Zrt; Thanx for the prompt. I'll try it out in the thread on "modern heater"

Thanx

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 11:25 am:

A.J. Thank you very much for the way you writes
it how to post a picture,for me you bring a lot of light in a very dark corner as the computer is for me.for me it is like a very bright light
on top of a christmas tree !!!!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:27 pm:

Well put Art. Those having problems should click on the print prompt when their mouse pointer is over your explanation so they can have a hard copy to refer to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 05:26 pm:

Hi All
Here is an alternate version showing the actual “Buttons” to click on.
The original is still correct, but was uploaded with Firefox as a browser,
and I wanted to use the same instructions with Internet Explorer, so I could
be sure the browser used would not be an issue.
Art

PhotoUploadInstructionsNew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 05:44 pm:

"This is so simple a five year old child could understand it. Somebody send for a five year old child."

Groucho Marx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael W. Herndon on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 11:26 pm:

Trying this one...

Truckbypond

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael W. Herndon on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 11:34 pm:

Trying this one...

TTbythepond

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael W. Herndon on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 11:41 pm:

Thanks! It was easy.. I've some winter photos to put up and now I know how to do it!

Notice in the picture in the above post, at least one beer is missing.

Here is another one: My daughter and what appears to be my future son-in-law in the 12 at a music festival.

another1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 11:10 am:

Michael, "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not..." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 06:12 pm:

Hi AJB,
This is all very well, but what if your pix are pdf?? Mine in my "Your pictures" folder are pdf, and won't transfer, and:-
How do we shrink pix down, when we are limited to 200kb (whatever that means) and the shrinkpicture program talks in terms of something called pixels?
I'm confused

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 06:44 pm:

If you have a .pdf you'll need to select the part of the file you want and save as .jpg. Click on the Snapshot Tool in Acrobat Reader and select the portion you want saved by holding the left mouse button down and moving it over the bit you want. It will then be saved automatically to the clipboard. Then open Irfanview, and press ctrl v. (don't know if this works with other graphics viewers).
This pastes the picture in Irfanview and you can now save as a .jpg (or any other graphics file).
Another way to do it is simply go shift and printscreen. This puts the whole of what you see on your screen into the clipboard. Again, go ctrl v in Irfanview and you can edit and save it. (This, incidentally is a good way to save certain images that won't let you right click and save)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 10:30 pm:

Thanks John. Also Alt-PrintScrn to copy what's displayed in just the current window.
David, Microsoft's free image resizer http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/esche lman2.mspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 05:43 am:

Hi David (Skinner)

I use an old version of Adobe PhotoShop which allows me to open .pdf files
and, do whatever I need to the photos and save them as jpg’s or other formats.
Problem is, that unless you find an older copy cheap as I did and are can survive
the learning curve, it’s way out of line price wise for casual use.
There are many basic graphics programs included with digital cameras that
have some photo editing capability as well.
The IrfanView mentioned is also a good graphics converter program that
I occasionally use for some file types, and can do most formats with the available
Plugins/AddOns.

Here is the description and link . . .
IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative
FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer
for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista.
http://www.irfanview.net/
Download both IrfanView and the Plugins/AddOns.
Install IrfanView, and then the Plugins/AddOns.

The other methods posted will work as well.

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 09:48 am:

Test picture posting

testpic1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Marino on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 12:16 pm:

test image uploads

odometer1

odometer2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Saffles on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 01:21 am:

My photo imagename1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thunder on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 01:32 am:

test
DSCF0361

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration