Original Ford Model T Service Manual

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Original Ford Model T Service Manual
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 08:16 am:

Many have asked what an original Ford Service Manual looks like. You can see one for sale on ebay, item #300377199511. This is the original light blue hard bound, fabric covered 1926 edition that the indispensible T-1 Model T Ford Service Manual was copied from. I have no affiliation with this seller. I already have two so I'm not going to bid but if you are curious, this your opportunity to see what an original looks like and perhaps own one for your Model T library. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 11:52 am:

I saw that. When I got my first T in 1960, that is the book I learned from. It's the best book around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:16 pm:

The pictures in the originals are much sharper then the reprints.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr. on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 01:02 pm:

Is this manual specific to the 1926 model or is it compatible for all models. Mine is a 1921.

Orlando

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 02:17 pm:

If you have a T-1 Ford Model T Service Manual reprint, it is exactly like that, except original, with a hard cover and better, clearer pictures. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce McCalley on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 04:05 pm:

The "1926" manual is the same as the 1925 except for the addition of the 1926 information at the rear of the book. This is the version that is part of my Comprehensive Encyclopedia CDs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A.woods on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 02:29 am:

I have two copywrite 1925 manuals and one 1926. Bruce is correct about the information in each manual. Why do I have two 1925 manuals? Well, one was evidently printed in late, late 1925 and actually has the same information as the 1926 manual about the "Improved Ford". It is the only one that I have seen to have the additional information in a 1925 manual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Augustinovich on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 10:10 am:

Is there a manual of this type for brass T's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 12:32 pm:

I haven't seen this manual with a 1926 copyright. I think they all say 1925, except as Bruce says, there is a section for the improved model toward the back. The car they used as the example in this book appears to be a '24 Touring.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration