Fan Belt and Timer Interference

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Fan Belt and Timer Interference
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant Baker on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 09:12 am:

Anyone seen this? I have a new New Day Timer and a new belt. The belt is the same length as the worn out one that I took off and discarded, but the new one interferes with the timer case. What should I do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 10:14 am:

Get a shorter belt?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:27 pm:

I would guess you have a 26 or 27 T. Am I right? I have run into this a couple times with customers that have 1926-1927 T's with the fan bracket and eccentric mounted on the water outlet. If you turn the eccentric the wrong direction when you tension the belt, it swings the belt into interference with the timer.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration