Holcomb & Hoke TT Popcorn Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Holcomb & Hoke TT Popcorn Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 10:37 am:

Just wanted to see if anyone has any information, pictures or where abouts of a Holcomb and Hoke Popcorn truck?

Holcomb & Hoke made at least 6 popcorn trucks or “lunch wagons” They contained a popcorn machine, peanut roaster, Kist-Wich sandwich grill, ice cream refridgerator and drink cabinet. Built on a Ford Model TT truck, the body was all oak and glass. I belive they were made in Detroit for the Indianapolis based company. Please post a picture or share any information you may have. Feel free to email me also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Stinson on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 01:05 pm:

There was a TT-based popcorn truck on T-bay UK not that long ago but it is gone now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 01:29 pm:

There is a TT popcorn truck in our town and i will ask about it.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 06:35 pm:

Bud, Thanks. Make sure to get a picture of it if it's still around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 08:17 pm:

Speedway speed museum also has one, for a while Hemmings Had one? May still

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 08:56 pm:

Popcorn Museum, Marion, OH

Popcorn1

Popcorn2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 09:11 am:

John, are you refering to the Indianapolis Speedway Museum? I've not been inside for 30+ years, so looks like I need to go again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 10:55 am:

Smith Collection Museum of American Speed Lincoln Nebraska, where the Speedster events are held every 2 years, see the latest Rod and Custom Feb 2010 issue there is a 4 page article about the group that met there in July 09, at the first Speedster meeting there for 4-5 days Mr Smith had his POPCORN TT out for us to buy drinks, popcorn etc from, we have not seen it the last two meetings however, but if you like speed parts, and all sorts of collections it is a MUST see (speedwaymotors.com)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 11:13 am:

Isn't there one of these at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago? I think it may be a repro, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 11:33 am:

No Model T, but here are the kinds of machines that were on it:

http://antiquepopcornmuseum.com/holcomb_hoke_machines.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 01:25 pm:

A fellow in our local T club had one for sale about a year and a half ago. Not sure if he kept it or sold it online.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 09:20 pm:

Here’s a pic of an original Popcorn TT truck. This TT is in a museum in Saratoga, NY. This TT has a very interesting story behind it. It is still being used in summer months. If anyone would like any more information, please let me know.
/{image}
/{image}
/{image}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 09:23 pm:

{image}
{image}
{image}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 09:28 pm:

I am screwing up the pics
Text description
Text description
Text description

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 10:23 pm:

Kenny,I just talked to the owner and while it's on a TT this one is a Dunbar. Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mr. Steve on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 11:25 pm:

Dan,

Please tell us more about the history of this truck and the museum itself. Both sound interesting! Thanks.

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 03:01 am:

When I was a kid of about 9 or 10, my favorite toy was a little steam engine that simulated a stationary mill engine and actually ran off of live steam. Outside of a Lionel train set, the steam engine was my favorite toy, and I still have it. (Still have the Lionel trains too).

I still love little minature steam engines, and the Creators steam engine that used to power some popcorn machines is one of the most beautiful little steam engines ever!

I think a Model T Ford truck with a popcorn machine powered by a Creator's steam engine would be just about "as good as it gets"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 10:12 am:

Harold there is a Creators popcorn cart at Mt. Pleasant Iowa at the Old Threshers Show. How do they work? Does the steam heat the popcorn or what is going on? I never stopped to have it explained to me.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 11:06 am:

The only thing better would be a steam powered carousel with a Wurlizter Military Band organ.

We can park the TT popcorn truck right next to it at the carinval.

Larry Bohlen, "27 touring
Severn, MD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 12:10 am:

Well Larry there is a steam carousel at Mt. Pleasant Iowa also. There is a steam carousel at the Lincoln County Mo. Threshers Association too. That one is in a barn that is on something like street car tracks. They split the barn open to get the carousel out in the open for the show. It slides apart on the tracks and can be closed up after the show.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 01:03 am:

Herb - I don't know how they work either; in fact, I obviously didn't know how to spell it; it's CRETORS! Lots of information on Google!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration