23-25 Coupe rear fender iron question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: 23-25 Coupe rear fender iron question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Kuehn on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 03:46 pm:

When installing the rear fender on my 24 T Coupe restoration last Friday I noticed the left rear fender would not go on properly. I had installed the right rear with no problem. After much head scratching I measured and compared the fender irons and discovered that the left rear iron is 1 inch to short! When I dissambled the car 3 years ago I found the correct style fenders for the car. It had the roadster and touring style rear fenders on it and I do now remember that the left rear fender sagged a little. Now I know why! I am looking for the correct left rear fender iron. Are the rear fender irons the same for all the 23-25 T's or is the Coupe fender iron for the Coupes only. The incorrect iron upright length is to short for the Coupe. Both the Irons I have "look" identical but after careful measuring they are a different length. The upright part of the iron is what is to short. The Ford original parts book I have is not real clear on this. Anybody know? Nothing has been changed on the iron. The part no.s on the irons are not real clear .
Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 04:05 pm:

The pre 23 irons were shorter. You need another rear iron. Perhaps so kind soul will have one and trade with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 08:57 pm:

John,I checked my barn and I have three left sides for the 23-25 rear fender irons. I will trade you for a right side one or make other arraignments. Contact me off line.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration