Non T / Trivia Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Non T / Trivia Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 09:52 pm:

What are we?

Aggies, Steelies, Puries, Clearies and Catseye?

REMEMBER ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 10:00 pm:

You got some loose? (G)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 10:01 pm:

Marbles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 10:10 pm:

Dang, I lost all mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 10:51 pm:

School recess playtime (in the dirt) was the opportunity to play/shoot, trade, swap, win and increase or lose your stash of marbles; if the teachers did not confiscate them first?

In those long ago days .........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict, Calgary on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 11:33 pm:

They worked really well in sling shots too. . . oops did I say that outloud?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 02:49 am:

So what type marble competition did you guys mostly have; "ring" or "pot"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 03:17 am:

Ring---and I have a whole jar full of ones I have taken out of black spray paint cans to replace the ones I keep losing.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Rose on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 06:37 am:

What was a taw line?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 10:11 am:

In October, my seven year old son learned of the existence of this game and wanted me to teach him how to play it. It floored me that I hadn't taught him already. Would you believe that it took me three weeks to find a local store that had a bag of marbles to sell? The clerk at Toys-R-Us looked at us like we were from outer space when we asked which aisle to find them in. She suggested an antique store!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 10:17 am:

Not sure I remember how to play, do you draw a circle in the dirt, each player anti up one marble and take turns trying to shoot them out with another marble? Knock one out and you get to keep it? knock one out and get another turn too?

We played something like that with tops too, very brutal game trying to split the other players tops by spiking yours into it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 11:29 am:

Hello Jeff:
Were those tops the ones you rapped a string around and flung it out to launch? They had a steel tip, didn't they?

I was better with Yo-Yo's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 11:31 am:

What I remember most about playing marbles is that my jeans would get so dirty they could walk to the corner of my room by themselves....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 01:20 pm:

We used to call the big ones "Gollies". I think I still have some somewhere. My kids never got into it, really. And I think my Dad was probably more into them than I was. Guess it's one of those things that will one day be a thing of the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john b joyce on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 03:35 pm:

There were some clay ones made in China, were tan in color with a red or blue stripe around them and a light gleze. I think they were 10 for a nickle. Many were not perfectly round as though they'd been rolled by hand. Don't remember what we called them, Maybe "cheapies". John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G Goelz on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 04:08 pm:

John, we called them "clays" and a good shooter could shatter them.

Rick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration