Racer 19 "Kant-Skor"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Racer 19 "Kant-Skor"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 12:10 pm:

When I first saw this pic on the wall at "Original Mike's" restaurant in Santa Ana, Calif, I thought it meant the racing record. and not the design of the pistons..

kant2

Tyrone Thomas liked it, so put it on his racer.

kant

Then just the other day, I was reading the Speedster/Racer Hall of Fame http://www.mtfca.com/HOF/Fame.htm and found this about Ed Winfield:

"Ed built and raced his first racecar, number 9 in 1921, and later built the number 19 "Kant Skore.""

ed

Could that be Ed in number 19, above?

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 12:53 pm:

Nice some of us are ahead of the curve knowing what Kant .... means. lol
Thanks for the photo. What a surprise to see that bald headed fat guy. I don't think Ed is the one in the car. However I wonder if he is thirt from the left. You noticed Rick that the original photograph does not have additional words "Piston Rings." I put that on mine because people were defining (laughing) Kant Skore as the "racer" cannot score as in win a race.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr. on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 12:59 pm:

Pretty sure Ed's not the one on the far left. I really don't think he's even in the picture. Just my $.02. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 12:59 pm:

How about a picture of Tyrone's speedster?
I don't see anyone in that picture of number 19 that looks like Ed Winield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 01:10 pm:

I don't know Rob, look at the dark eyes and the head slanted to the left of the person on the left. Also about the same size. Maybe Ed in bottom photo is really Eddie?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 01:51 pm:

Wish I had a better pic. Had to take it, in the frame, with bad lighting, and I did it on two different occasions, between which the pic had been moved.

Mike's has a small collection of old cars, and a fire engine, too.

ori

orig

It's a large restaurant, with bar and live entertainment.

rdr

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration