Period Photo - Hot Rods Are Not New

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Period Photo - Hot Rods Are Not New
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 06:22 am:

Today's picture is a T with a custom paint job circa late 20's. Not sure of the full story, but is some club that hauled the car up a hill with two senior politicians in it. They seem to be having fun!
(Somewhere in Auckland, New Zealand)

Cheers
Adrian

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 09:49 am:

Looks like a tracked vehicle towed it there. You can see the track in the bottom left hand corner.

They look like a bunch of clowns to me. The guy by the passengers door doesn't look very impressed nor humored by any of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 10:27 am:

Hello Adrian:
What about the two guys (off to the left) with the very small hats. Does that have any significance to any kind of event?

Harvey .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Benjamin on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 10:41 am:

The paint job on the T looks very much like the "Anti-Submarine Dazzle" color schemes painted on Allied ships during World War I to (theoretically) confuse attacking German U-boats.

I wonder what it signifies here?

Great photo!

- Rick Benjamin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 11:16 am:

LOL! Looks like a gang war between two rival clown gangs. Glad I wasn't there and it looks like the fellow on the left standing in the back of the Model T wishes he wasn't there either. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Cornelius on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 03:45 pm:

Looks like some kind of a initiation ceremony for some club. Guys in door look amused at the proceedings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 05:37 pm:

Well, I managed to do some research, and found the location is actually Palmerston North, New Zealand, and explanation is:

""
Unofficial `Guard of Honour', greeting Governor General Lord Bledisloe outside the refectory at Massey Agricultural College, 17 June 1930, during an official visit to Palmerston North by Lord and Lady Bledisloe. Shows a group from Massey in fancy dress. Bledislsoe (with top hat) watches from his car.
""

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration