Windshield frame W/S

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Windshield frame W/S
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Giles on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 11:26 am:

After taking the windshield out of my 26 coupe to install safety glass, I need to replace the frame w/s. From Langs I got [part # 7840c] rubber. It is way to narrow. After calling Langs and Snyders they tell me they have had no complaints on this part number. The flat part needs to be twice as wide as the one they sent me. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a may of 26 coupe. Thanks Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 11:41 am:

Are you sure the 7840C you got was for a 1926 Coupe? Snyder's book indicates this part # went between the frame and the cowl on 1915-'25 open cars. For the coupe, you would need the A-79500, which will go across the bottom and up both sides. See:
www.snydersantiqueauto.com/modeltparts/windshieldparts, and scroll down to the weatherstripping.

Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Giles on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 11:58 am:

Jim, I have the A79500 also. The 79500 from Snyders and the 7840c from Langs are the same seal. At least the ones they sent me are. Same package, differant labels. Way to narrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 12:39 pm:

Richard, Is it possible that the round channel that the round bead of the w/s fits into was pulled away from the frame? I recall that my 79500 w/s fit loosely and discovered that the opening the w/s slid into was bent open away from the frame which probably happenened when a prior owner pried it open to, more easily, remove it. I was able to tap the channel closed so the w/s fit tightly as it was supposed to. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 12:41 pm:

Richard
I used the window trim 7840c from Langs on a 26 coupe and it worked great. The trim fit right to the edge. Can you post some pictures of your windshield and the rubber. Leon

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration