1910 for sale on ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: 1910 for sale on ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 12:27 pm:

This is a good one! ebay#140367694214

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 12:51 pm:

Thanks, Kim.

"SO HERE IT IS..1910 MODEL T WOODY...ONE OF A KIND..."

Should have known what kind of a good one you would post, rather than buy..

Will you be hauling a car to Pasadena a week from Sunday?

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 01:13 pm:

Other than the headlights, I don't see a single thing on that from a Model T! UUUUUGLY!!
T'
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 01:28 pm:

I sent the guy an email asking if there were any 1910 parts on the car and this was his reply.

its all 1910...you just think you know about modle ts..get a book and look them up?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 01:35 pm:

You should reply, "I practically wrote the book, and some of my early Model Ts are shown in it: "Model T Ford, the Car that Changed America.""

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 01:36 pm:

The tree that the wood came from was planted in 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Augustinovich on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 01:48 pm:

This is a Califorina Car for sure. Surf's Up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 02:22 pm:

Ditto! Uuuuuugly!!! I especially like the 1910 boom box sound system. I'll bet Enrico Caruso, Alma Gluck and John McCormack sounded good on that! Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 03:02 pm:

Here is an easier way to see this, this, this... Well, you decide:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140367694214&ssPag eName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 03:40 pm:

It has 4 CLYS!
That's nice to know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 04:50 pm:

I like the 1910 chrome baby moon hub caps and the Model T Hurst shift. The only thing "T" about this wagon is if he drank iced tea while typing the ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 04:54 pm:

It seems to have one of those rare Rajiofrontroof heads on it that were so popular in 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 05:40 pm:

That thing is just ugly. Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 05:41 pm:

Wonder if the surf boards that are on top come with it? Disappointed with the engine. Thought that the 426 cu in V8 was standard in all 1910's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 06:12 pm:

No No, It wasnt the 426 CI, it was the 396...Or was it the 327 CI that the t's came standard in 1910...Oh, now I remember...It was the 302 Boss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 07:08 pm:

I hate to think somebody paid money to make it look that bad. It is also unbelievable that there is a reserve on it. Man if I owned that thing I would start it at $1 and agree to ship it anywhere the high bidder wanted me to ship it. Better yet I would just ship it to Kim to see what he would do with it. That thing could make the rounds like a bad TIE makes the rounds at Christmas as an ongoing gift gag in our family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 07:11 pm:

I think I would rather receive a fruitcake at Christmas then that thing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 07:41 pm:

I'd put a grille in back and make it a taco wagon.

K

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 08:33 pm:

Does Bovine Residue, ring a bell ?

crap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 09:32 pm:

Bovine residue indeed.
If you don't understand who habituates 17th and K streets in Washington, DC; the streets are lined with offices of corporations who contribute huge sums of money to elected legislator's to ensure the corporations best interest is insured and NOT necessarily the best interests of the constituents who voted for them.
Money to elected persons in Washington is like dope.
Wake up.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 09:40 pm:

I don't blame him. If that was mine, I would want to sell it too! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 09:43 pm:

I agree Ron, but you better be careful or you're going to start something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 10:19 pm:

That's not just ugly, it's yuuuugly. This deal is from the W.C Fields school of business: It is morally wrong to let a sucker keep his money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gelfer on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 10:34 pm:

If you like this vehicle, I have some Cowboy Linens to sell you.....(Bull Sheets!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 10:41 pm:

If you had this and the late great Opera Coupe you could die an embarrassed man............

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 11:32 pm:

The sad part about it is someone out there will buy it and come here looking for help or parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 11:58 am:

Thanks a lot... Coming from you I figured it was really going to be something good. Or are you getting into a new area of the old car hobby?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 12:52 pm:

How did he come up with that year? Incredible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 04:16 pm:

I'm surprised no one has posted how well this 'car' could be fixed with roofing tar (I can't find a thread to spell the bimituse....)!
Just plaster it on until the dang'd thing disappears!
:-)
T'
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 04:20 pm:

I'm surprised no one has posted how well this 'car' could be fixed with roofing tar (I can't find a thread to spell the bimituse....)!
Just plaster it on until the dang'd thing disappears!
:-)
T'
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 05:48 pm:

I know, it's totally goofy looking to us and not a '10 vehicle but I think I know what he means by 1910.

OK, granted, it's a "custom" car. Now days, a custom car has to have a theme so, the theme guiding his worki is 1910 Ford. That is the anchor for the design, even though to us it seems more like Mad Magazine or a cartoon car.

Then in selling it he forgot the theme a took himself literally. This guy has a serious case of fuzzy categories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 06:26 pm:

Gotta' admit, he got ONE thing right; it is indeed, "one of a kind"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 08:38 pm:

Somebody did put a lot of work in this. Had the guy advertised it honestly on ebay as a plain old "Beach Buggy", we would not be so incensed and might even be impressed, but the fact that he is calling it an authentic 1910 Model T and, defending it a such, is, to us, a sacrilege... and rightly so. Somebody is going to get taken if they think they are getting a Model T and that is sad. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 08:46 pm:

Doesn't e-bay have rules about misrepresentation?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Driscoll on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 09:08 pm:

Some talented street rod builders can produce works of art. This thing is aesthetically revolting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel (Indiana Trucks) on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 09:26 pm:

I think I did see one real ford part on this thing. The shifter looks like the it came out of a 1968 Mustang automatic but someone put a boot over it to hide the hole in the floor or maybe they didn't get the cover that goes on it from the junk yard.

I don't know if T-bay has a place for this kind of "stuff" but it needs to be listed as something like custom or street rod. Maybe someone close by will show the seller the real thing and see if he thinks this one he has is a real 1910 or if that is just what the builder had in mind. I would hope that 99% of people that would bid on this would know its not a true 1910 Model T and the 1% that don't know it wouldn't want to bid on it anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 11:39 pm:

Here is the link to another car that is comparable to this "1910". Scroll down to the picture. LOL.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/25861.html

Paul

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration