Odd hogshead-one more photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Odd hogshead-one more photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Frink on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 04:22 pm:

hogshead4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 06:35 pm:

I think the Smith collection in Lincoln Neb had a complete set-up at the 3rd speedster event this year, I took photo's but have developed them yet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 07:23 pm:

I will add one more thought. I will stay with the sliding gear conversion, but it could have had the potential for a PTO from the cluster.
One interesting difference to this one is that it is for a pre-improved style block where as the version I have is for the later block.
Neat piece anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 01:08 am:

Bob

That cover may be this "Simplex" brand sliding gear transmission as Les noted. Looks a lot like this adv, from Ford Dealer, 1923

pic here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 02:14 pm:

Dan
Sure looks like you are right. No doubt rebuilding it would be a fun project. Almost enough information to do a credible job now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 02:18 pm:

I see I was wrong about the PTO, It is a foot brake. I suppose if the cluster was constantly geared to the output shaft it would make a credible brake. Sort of backwards to what we are used to but it could be made to work

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration