My new Vintage Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: My new Vintage Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 04:26 pm:

Got mine yesterday, read it last night and this morning and you haven't even got yours yet!!! Nanner, nanner, nanner!!!!!!!!!!!! (as the girls next door would say)

It's a good one, has more about Glover Ruckstell and a bunch of other good stuff.

Seems to me that mags must be in a little informal competition to see which one can get better faster, the VF or MTTimes. They are both full of color now and lots of good info. I look forward to both of them every month and feel bad for the guys who don't belong to the clubs and get the magazines.

I took the Horseless Carriage club up on their offer of 3 years for $135 awhile back but haven't got the first copy of that one yet. I've cut down to where these are just about all the mags I get. Farm Collector, VF, MTT, Car and Driver and that's it. I used to get Hemmings, Cars and Parts, Special Interest Autos, Old truck and Car Collector. I couldn't get them all read and had stacks of stuff laying around all over that I was going to read "someday." I wasn't interested in most of the stuff they had in those, either. Some of them were 40-50 bucks a year, too.

Got all I can do to keep up with all the emails and internet stuff, four web sites and all that junk, let alone read magazines. Times change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 05:17 pm:

Nanner,nanner, nanner! you wouldn't be trying to start something now would you Stan?

If you got your Vintage Ford then mine should get here by the spring thaw.

I have received your book and I am enjoying it. The mule is back in the barn and I hope the pigeon was tasty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 06:15 pm:

I find Hemmings Classic Car an enjoyable read, and Collectable Automobile. Collectable Auto is more of a "Architectural Digest" publication - glossy and outstanding photography, but generally good stories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 06:56 pm:

Well, Denny, with a copy of Herman & Freida to read, a ton of coal for heat and a five gallon can of coal oil for light, you should be set for the winter.

I got a letter today addressed to Herman & Freida and I thought I might have sold a book but it was somebody wanting a free copy for a door prize.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 10:12 pm:

I think the VF is great. The HMN ads are still useful, but their editorial focus is so heavily on the sixties and later that it's of little interest to me. On the other hand, AACA's Antique Automobile has become one of the best magazines available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 11:14 pm:

The VF is like a novel. I have a signed copy of the Book "Sing Me Back Home", it is the life story of our local Merle Haggard, country siger of fame. His book was the kind you could not put down. Great reading if you can find it. I read nearly every word including the for sale ads and wanted ads, it is alway interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 10:33 am:

When I saw this I figured mine would show up in a day or two, but Wednesday the 23d has come and gone and still no VF. Anybody else still waiting? I don't want to miss one of my favorite publications.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 11:13 am:

Not in central Mo either Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 11:37 am:

Got min yesterday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 11:54 am:

I live about five miles from Steven and haven't received mine yet. Maybe today....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 12:50 pm:

John Danuser:

I thought that Fulton was northernwestern central, east of K.c Mo, west of Columbia or Jeff City? Merry Christmas from Sunny Norhtern California

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 01:27 pm:

Bill, Fulton is southeast of Columbia and north of Jeff City.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=fulton+mo&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear= Fulton,+MO&gl=us&ei=JKQzS8WdMtCBnQegla34CA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnu m=1&ved=0CAwQ8gEwAA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 02:01 pm:

And famously home of the Iron Curtain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 03:07 pm:

Bill we are 20 miles east of Columbia ( Mo Univ), 20 miles North (Jefferson City) Capital of Mo 60 miles North of the Lake of the Ozarks, 20 miles south Mexico Mo ( used to be largest Brick industry there, all gone now, we are 100 miles North of St Louis, 150 miles south of Kansas City Mo. and Yes Mr Jelf, Winston Churchill put us on the map in 1946, when he announced to the world that Russia was building the Iron Curtain wall, 20 years ago Gorbechef (sp) came and said they were tearing down the wall, and not to long after that Churchills granddaughter sent over 4 sections of the Iron Curtain wall which is now on display next to the Church of St Albandy(sp) which was bombed out in England during the war, it has been renovated and now has the Churchill Memorial in the undercroft, lots of VP's have spoken here, lots of weddings, funerals etc happen in the church, we get an average of 8-10 tour buses in the summer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 03:54 pm:

Bill & John, I got mine yesterday. Troy is not that far from either of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 03:58 pm:

I suspect that the post office has priorities. I got mine at least a week ago and have already read it. This is a very well done issue. Keep up the good work.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 04:16 pm:

Bill & John, I got mine yesterday. Troy is not that far from either of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 04:17 pm:

Opps I double posted. Sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 04:36 pm:

Got mine day before yesterday. Informative and quality publication.
I have also purchased the CD set. Wish now I would have joined when I was a teenager in the SF Valley during the 60s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 11:43 am:

Received mine last week ..........

and very happy that the issue announced our new "T"-Crank-Yankers of Central New Jersey Chapter !!!!!

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 05:08 pm:

Mine finally arrived today. I believe that is the first time I have ever seen "Date of last dental examination" in someone's resume...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 06:27 pm:

Dick I got ours too today Happy camper

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration