Window crank handle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Window crank handle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward P. Keller on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 07:12 pm:

I have a 1924 Fordor and one of the window handles is missing. Turns out that the ones being sold at parts houses I've checked are not like the three on my car. Has any one seen one for sale. Hopefully I'll be able to attach a picture to this thread. Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward P. Keller on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 07:33 pm:

Hear are some pictures: handle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward P. Keller on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 07:46 pm:

Well here's another try at uploading a picture!! window handle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 07:55 pm:

Ed
Keep this in mind. If you strike out finding an original Bob Scherzer can cast you a new handle exactly like your original. If the escutcheon plate, nut and handle are missing that may be more trouble.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 08:02 pm:

Ed I sent you an email I have the handle, but w/out the knob portion it is still screwed onto the inside set-up, I'll look for it tommorrow to see if it has the escutcheon portion on it danuser88@socket.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Kuehn on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 11:54 am:

Ed, I have a 24 Coupe that has the same handles as your car does. Your handle is made of aluminum like mine. You can get a buffer, and make those screws and estucheon lates look really nice short of having the brass parts replated. The aluminum handles will come out super nice. I bought a buffer from Harbour freight tools along with somw buffing compound and my handles look like new. For the price you cant beat harbour freight on buffers and related items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 01:53 am:

I have cast these crank handles but while at Hershey this year I ran into a mother load of these which I got cheaper then I could make them for. I also got an equal number of the escutcheons but I still have to make the door locks cast in brass and center screws which are done in stainless steel. Bob

window crank{crank escutcheon}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 01:57 am:

Missed on the escutcheons.

escutcheons

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 11:38 am:

Could sure use 4 of the center screws if and when you produce them Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 01:37 pm:

"Could sure use 4 of the center screws if and when you produce them Bob"

How do you want them made up? In brass or stainless. The brass would need to be plated but the stainless saves the cost of plating and the color match with nickle plated cranks isn't that bad but if you wanted it the way it was done originally then you need the brass one and then to be nickle plated. The upside to stainless is it don't pop off plating if you upset the screw slot when tightening. Bob

center screw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward P. Keller on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 08:05 pm:

Bob, Send me an e-mail at edpkeller@aol.com and lets work out a deal for a handle, center screw and escutcheon. Thanks Ed

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration