Model T Scratch-less Hood Latch Solution?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Model T Scratch-less Hood Latch Solution?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 05:07 pm:

Crumby winter weather is a great excuse to tackle a model T's annual accrual of accumulated leaks, scratches, wear-outs, and failures. Since Thanksgiving I've knocked out five new tires, a timing gear, radiator core, bands, tailpipe, muffler, etc. Now that the radiator is on its way back with a newly re-chromed neck and cap, I can't even think of putting the chipped and scratched shell back on it as it is- the shell's got a bad spot, and needs to be sanded and repainted. And I can hardly put the slightly dilapidated hood back on over a freshly repainted shell, so its time to knock out the dents on the hood and replace the lacing and repaint the hood- BUT- if I go through the trouble of restoring and repainting the hood I won't be able to live with new hood clip scratches on the hood lip- what is the scratchless hood clip solution, please? Surely there is one, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 05:35 pm:

Short pieces of clear vinyl tubing, slit down one side worked great for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 05:39 pm:

These would slide onto the bottom rail of the hood and absorb the bite of hood clips, I suppose. Hmm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 06:26 pm:

Exactly

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration