Brass hub fan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Brass hub fan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By coreywalker on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 08:52 pm:

Is there a washer of some sort that goes between the brass hub and the fan arm? I finally got a brass hub fan to replace the steel hub one I've been running on my 14. The steel hub has a cupped steel washer there. I tried to use it but it seemed to set the fan too far forward. Maybe the blades need to be bent back in some? Or maybe nothing goes there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 11:46 am:

No, there is no washer. On my '13, I had to put a washer between the fan arm and the front cover, so the belt would track in the middle. Don't mess with the blades, but it's not a bad idea, with the fan off the car to set up an idicator, and check each blade individually to make sure they are aligned properly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 11:55 am:

Is common for the fan arm to be bent so the fan pulley doesn't track. Often you can't tell by looking at them. If your fan hub appear to be pointing down a bit, bend the arm in a vice or press or whatevers handy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration