You guys have to see this.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: You guys have to see this.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 12:32 pm:

Apparently, the Pate Museum of Transportation is closing. That's a shame because the collection is just fabulous. Here's a web address you may want to check out:

http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=405730

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 12:41 pm:

Hi Bob
That's one 5# box of eye candy? WOW !
Thanks for the post......

Harvey ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 12:50 pm:

There are obviously cars in the collection that will bring more dough, but if I could have one my pick would be the Packard 645 touring. What a gorgeous thing. As a regular participant at the late great Pate Swap Meet, I'm sorry to see the end of the place. Yes, I know they have it at the speedway now, but the real Pate Swap Meet is long gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 08:55 pm:

Sorry to see it go. It's been a long time since I visited. I attended one of the first swap meets there (maybe the first). There was one row of parts etc. up by the museum. I spent more time in the museum than I did looking at parts. What the swap meet grew into as years went by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 09:35 pm:

Very sad. I was at the first Pate swap meet, there were no more than 25 vendors. I was also a vendor at the final swap meet on the museum property, and most of the ones in between. The swap meet was never as good after it moved to Texas Stadium.

The museum was sort of a mixed bag, but good in any case. It will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By coreywalker on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 10:49 pm:

I went to the swap meet once, May 1, 1993, with my dad when I was 14. Have always wanted to go back and look through the museum. Guess I won't be able to but I enjoyed those pics. I thought about going to the swap meet, but if it's not so great I may stay home. I used to write everything down and I see in 93 a 13-14 aluminum hood w/o handles but fair shape could be had for $25. A new 30 by 3 1/2 tire for $65. Cast spider wood rim steering wheel in good shape, $50. Tie rod $5, hubcap wrench $2 E&J all brass carbide generator with a few splits $70. Memories of being there with my dad who has since passed away, priceless. As those commercials say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 09:48 am:

Sure wouldn't mind seeing that C-119 "Flying Boxcar" in my back yard. Got some fond memories of that ol bird.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 05:27 pm:

Lack of funds and family interest is the bane of such private museums. It is sad that we can't leave our passions in a will.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration