Model T in the snow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Model T in the snow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 03:28 pm:

Hello,

The snow has finally arrived in France.
After a mild autumn, winter has finally arrived.
Saturday morning woke up, we finally see that stinks snow had fallen. So, like every year with my brother Fabien, we exit the Ford Model T garage for a little test on snow. The conditions were difficult but with -7 ° c (19 ° f).
What a pleasure to ride on small snowy roads, although it was very cold.

To you continue with your Ford does in the snow

“A bientôt”

Olivier http://www.ford-t.fr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF7h5azW2tg&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbXB0vF4zWM&feature=player_embedded

photo1

photo2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 04:24 pm:

It's always fun to try to figure backwards from the machine translation of Olivier's messages. In this case, I was really puzzled by "stinks snow." It hit me, though, that he may have made a typing error. The French word "peu" means "a little" and the word "pue" means "stinks."

Olivier, est-ce que tu as voulu dire "un peu de neige" mais tu as écrit "un pue de neige"?

As you say, cold but fun.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 04:35 pm:

OK, sorry for the mistake, I hope you will correct this bad translation. The automatic translators are not always reliable.

Thank you Dick

Olivier

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 04:40 pm:

There's nothing to apologize for, Olivier. I enjoyed hearing about Fabien and you driving in the snow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr. on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 09:32 pm:

Hello, Olivier. Like Dick said, nothing to apologize for. I always enjoy reading your posts. Merry Christmas, Sir. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 10:50 pm:

C'est Bon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 12:13 am:

Olivier's car is much different from what we see on this side of the Atlantic. The body is much like a 26-7 but with earlier fenders and a different windshield. I like the spare tire carrier too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 12:17 am:

For those that don't know:
That strange '24 T is in France. It has a French built body.
The young fellow that owns it found it and restored the whole car by himself with very little help.
The back seat is removable and there is a tail gate that opens.
I believe when he found it it had words painted on the sides that showed it was used as a meat truck.
I have always liked that car. I had it for my desk-top picture for about a year.
Olivier is a great promoter of the model T Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Augustinovich on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 08:59 am:

I really enjoyed the video clips.
Wishing You Happy Holidays!
Augie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 11:39 pm:

I forgot to mention Olivier's car has two doors on the right side and none on the left.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration