A small present from down under

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: A small present from down under
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 04:50 pm:

Gather the family around, turn up the speakers on the computer , look closely at the monitor and take one step at a time...........good luck.
The kids will love this one........Well !!!!
http://www.australiancoastalwatch.com.au/index.php/news/bnshark14432tx.article.h tml

merry christmas / happy holidays ect ect.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 05:13 pm:

G'day mate

"I think we're going to need a bigger boat?"

David, Happy Holidays to you and your family ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 05:34 pm:

David,

Like forgetting to retard the spark -- sometimes the T will bite you. For families with young children who are a little more squeamish than most (we had one like that) Mom or Dad (or Grandmother or Grandfather) may want to watch it before they put the two year old on their lap.

I often wondered how the Christmas books "down under" portrayed the summer weather and the various Christmas stories. In southern Louisiana James Rice wrote down some cute children’s stories about “Gaston the Red Nosed Alligator” (see: Amazon.com Search Results for "gaston the green nosed alligator" at: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_sq_top?ie=UTF8&keywords=gaston%20the%20green%20nosed%20alligator&index=blended&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1565541898&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0RW6GFYZVQ56CGDXP1BV ) (Cropped section below is from a copyrighted picture used to illustrate Rice’s book)

Gaston

Thanks for early Christmas present.

Merry Christmas,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 05:48 pm:

Thanks David....my shorts are now in the laundry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Bowen (Aust.) on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 08:13 pm:

Thanks David, that's funny. Not as scary as my ex wife coming after me.
Regards
Colin
P.S.my 3 year old grandson is coming over for Christmas,I don't think I'll show him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 10:50 pm:

Glad to bite you , chomp chomp chomp, Hap, we see what you see in so far as christmas tales, movies ect ect, most cards have snow, its just been that way for as long as l can recall, the Coca Cola santa too, although like trying to change the easter bunny to an australian marcupial( think thats how its spelt !!)the easter Bilby, it kinda doesn't really work, to change what we all know and love.
What could we change, lets see , picture this, the reindeer to, hmmmmm , l know santa cracking a big leather whip ( steady on boys ) travelling down a rutted back gravel road in an old rusty ute pulled along by 24 jumping Kangaroos and a dingo with a baby in its mouth, scratch the last bit, thats kinda not funny !
Ok, l know we speak a little differently down 'ere, so UTE is like a small pickup say like the Ranchero size.
Hope santa stuffs somthing nice in your stocking too.

Colin , just stay one step in front and you'll be safe.....l thinks !fair call on the 3 year old, my kids and wife ( now she jumped the furtherest) have all seen it and didn't talk to me for a little while, but like all things it wore off, so l'll have to go trawling ( no pun intended there ) for more "scare"
Sorry Dennis.
Harvey , thats a baby !!!!!

Enjoy and be safe.

David.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration