Just look at used low gear if good??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Just look at used low gear if good??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Saitta on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 05:25 pm:

Thank you VERY much for the ideas on an engine stand. Do I just look at the used low gear drum I have to see if it is good?? Naturally I will see if it fits correctly. Anyone have a good used one for sale?? Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 06:15 pm:

Bill,
Contact me via email

aloso@q.com

You need to bead blast the drum to check for cracks and to look at the gear teeth to see how bad they are worn. Also check for loose rivets. If you can email pictures of it when you have it clean I can check it over.

Andy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration