Christmas T Pics

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Christmas T Pics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Cansdale on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 06:05 pm:

Hi Guys,

As many of you would know, I started my website to gather as many pics of T's still in existence as possible.

I've been distracted by my other new vegetable gardening site www.gow-your-own-vegetable-garden.com lately but thought I might approach everyone here again to boost some photo submissions.

What am I looking for?

Well, those of us "down under" don't get the "traditional" White Christmas, often getting hot Christmas days,flies, Cicadas and all the rest..

SO, do any of you have any photo's of your T at Christmas? In the snow, in a Christmas themed photo etc etc. New or old photo's?

Period Christmas photo's would be even better!

Hope you can help!

Merry Christmas,

Chris
www.modeltcentral.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 06:23 pm:

In 2003, we didn't have snow around Christmas, but my son and I went to buy a tree in the T.

.tree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 11:56 am:

This was a few years ago.
christmas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 12:07 pm:

We rarely get snow in this part of Colorado but do sometimes.

A365a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 12:25 pm:

The above Picture was taken yesterday. I am going to try and post a picture that was taken by another person. I got cought in a bad snow storm in Wyoming a couple of years ago.

Riverside snow storm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 03:42 pm:

Chris, I posted these last winter, so they are they aren't new. The first is a photo of our 1914 Touring taken over 20 years ago(we still drive and enjoy it)

mtfca1

The other is our 1927 Touring playing in the snow last year.

mtfca2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Cansdale on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 05:29 pm:

Thanks Guys,

That's what I was looking for!

T's just look great in the snow for some reason.

The tree in the back has a touch of the "Griswalds" about it! Looks great.

Many thanks,

Cheers
Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robb Wolff on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 05:49 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lewis R. Rash on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 07:14 pm:

iTOOK MY t OUT IN OUR sOUTHERN vIRGINIA SNOW (ABOUT 3") and it performed poorly. Any tip for snow driving??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 08:57 pm:

2 sandbags in the back and go slow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Cornelius on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 10:37 pm:

Get a snowflyer, snowbird, or snowmobile conversion kit for your Model T with the tracks and skis. Does a great job in the snow!

Vist the following site for information on Model T snowmobiles and pictures:
www.ModelTFordSnowmobile.com

The Model T Ford Snowmobile Club is a active Chapter of the MTFCA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 05:06 pm:

We have lots of snow in Denmark these days but my Ford is grounded.
As a replacement I have a picture from the World Anual Santa Claus Conference at "Bakken" north of Copenhagen this summer:
Santa
Opose to a recent top summit in Copenhagen this Santa summit was a great success and they all agreed that Christmas in 2009 will be December 2009!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Augustinovich on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 05:16 pm:

Merry Christmas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 05:16 pm:

Glaedling Jul og Godt Nytaar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dennie kirkpatrick on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 05:17 pm:

I used to drive my dads 27 touring that he let us kids drive in high school, and it didn't have a top. A friend of mine and I would go down the main drag of El Dorado Kansas, and pull up beside some elderly people, when there was ice and snow on, and then I would tap the reverse pedal, and the wheels would spin backwards. You should see some of their expressions. That was alot of fun.
Then we could go down a block, and hit the brske, and turn the steering wheel, and make the niceest controled 180 degree turn and go back the other direction. I don't think dad was aware we were having that much fun on the ice and snow.
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH the memories.

Kirk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 05:28 pm:

Oups - important correction: The Santa conference not only agreed it was December but December 25th 2009. And this agreement is legally binding!
santas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 06:01 pm:

Here is a venture my business partner and I have started. Door to door Christmas tree sales...

I'm sure it will be Big Business.

big business

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Mullin on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 06:23 pm:

Keith,

Saw that L & H picture last Saturday night at the Redford Theatre in Detroit. Great film and the gags are well done.

For those who haven't seen this film yet, the car eventually gets destroyed, along with the antagonist's house.

Second feature was i{A Christmas Story}. So much better full length and on the big screen.

January films are Some Like It Hot and Westside Story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eck on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 08:23 pm:

Merry Christmas from North Dakota
Cold North Dakota

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tobias on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 08:39 pm:

Tom
How do you play that Bass? Do you strum it or pluck it? Sometimes I like to SLAP it!!
The conversation between Joe E Brown and Jack Lemmon as they get on the elevator. My favorite line in Some Like It Hot. The last line in the movie is a classic also!
Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eck on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 09:14 pm:

Merry Christmas
14 christmas small

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael W. Herndon on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 09:46 pm:

When I was a kid, we went to a store in San Francisco called the Emporium. They were doing a promotion and Joe E. Brown was there. His trick was to stuff 8 golf balls into his mouth all at the same time. I stood there and watched him while he looked at me from about 6 feet away. Then he spat them all out, smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen, and said "What do you think about that, kid!" I think I just stared at him, then said "wow". In the early 1950s.

Another memory!

Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 10:39 pm:

My standard yearly message

crankin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Fultz on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 01:31 am:

Merry Christmas from WV.

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 01:39 am:

Some years we buy a live tree, and other years a dead one. We always buy poinsettias to keep Michael Pawelek busy.

xm

live

dead

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 04:46 am:

Merry Christmas from a hot and sunny Adelaide, South Australia. Dave C.
xmas 2009

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Hall on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 10:19 am:

It would be great fun to post my Christmas T photo, but I keep trying and have no success. Don't get any prompt for an attachment or anything, nor can I find directions onposting photos.....??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 12:39 pm:

Jon, you are not alone....many have had difficulty and several have worked their way thru the process. When you have time, read thru <http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/113685.html?1260765602> and hopefully those tips will enable you to post the fotos. Good Luck - Merry Christmas - looking forward to seeing your pictures!
Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael W. Herndon on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 04:51 pm:

More pictures of the 27 TT in the snow..

TT
TT
TT
TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Jack on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 11:09 am:

Christmas in Connecticut 12/20/09

imagename1

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration