Off topic but worth a look

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Off topic but worth a look
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 12:04 pm:

I hope you enjoy this.

Subject: GRAY EAGLES FILM BY CHRIS WOODS

Filmmaker and P-51 Mustang Pilot Chris Woods has put together a wonderful film that captures the emotional reunion between a humble WWII Mustang ace (Jim Brooks) and the historic plane he thought he'd never see again.

http://www.asb.tv/videos/view.php?v=1bf99434&br=500

I got this in an email from my cousin.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thompson on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 02:29 pm:

excellent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 12:23 am:

Loved it, got a lump in my throat. I lost two family friend, Vets from WW2 in the last three months. And I miss them horribly. One was 2 weeks ago. Bless their hearts. Hope I learned something from them, that I can pass on.
George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Nelson on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 01:26 am:

Great! I just forwarded this to a friend who is a P-51 Ace. I'm sure that he will enjoy it.
Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 02:03 am:

Boy, that's Kleenex time for me.
I have the distinct honor of meeting these men once in a while at the museum. www.freedomisntfree.org
As well as meeting the family of our local P-51 pilot (the late) Lt. Charles Bailey.
http://www.starduststudios.com/shep.htm
This story comes home the most when I look back on the time I arranged a flight in a 1940 Waco Biplane for my daughter to show her what her what the grandfather she never knew did before he died in a Crop Duster accident in 1952. He was Navy Air (PBY's) in WW2.
[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/olfart100/Dad2.jpg[/IMG]
I spend a little time each week seeing to it that the memories of these men and the planes they flew are never forgotten.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 08:27 am:

How sepcial. Remember to hug those Grandparents or parents while you still can.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wilf bradbury on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 10:43 am:

Outstanding
from a retired RCAF guy of 24 tears of flying
Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 11:47 am:

Heroes, every damn one of them !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gelfer on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 04:02 pm:

Makes me miss my father. He was a quiet man who tried to convince us that he didn't have anything special to tell about his time in the south Pacific during WWII. They were all heroes.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration